Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody wear any of this as opposed to a jacket? i recently have gotten an interest in buying some back armor for next season... does anybody have any experiences or opinions on it?

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
no just have the armor in the jacket, Elbows, shoulders and back as per standard i think?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
another question... do you guys that do own back/spine protection ever wear just the back protector over a regular shirt? i see a lot of guys do that and i dont know if it looks squid or looks cool... i think it looks pretty good

·
Registered
89 Posts
i only wear the spine/back protector for track days, on the street the leather jacket armor protection is sufficient. i don't think it's squidly to just wear a spine/back protector under your shirt, but you should really invest in a good motorcycle jacket.

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
yea..i'd wear protection for your skin too. just a back protector helps protect you from pwning your central nervous system, but pwning your skin hurts more.

and if you somehow beef it enough to hurt your back, you'll probably be getting potential rash too. so...i'd always wear a jacket. the only squidly thing is the fact that you arent wearing a jacket for protection of anything other than your back.

i think i said that in the most complicated/longest way possible, but that's how i roll.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha i fully understand what you mean and i think im gonna try to see if my parents wanna help me out with some gear so that i dont "pwn" my CNS or my skin haha... im gonna quote that too

·
Registered
992 Posts
i have a jacket but i also wear dirt bike jerseys and the icon field armor vest the jerseys have elbow pads in em

1 - 9 of 9 Posts