Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about purchasing a used arata full system for my 06 636. anybody got anything good or bad to say about them? i found a pretty good price on it and a pc3. i heard a clip on you tube it sounds pretty bad ass and has some impressive gains when dyno tuned. dont know if i care much for the tip on the can but i may be able to overlook that for the price.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Go for it! It sounds amazing, and is incredibly light compared to stock. Seems tame in the lower RPM and screams when you get on it. Great exhaust, I absolutely love mine.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Not got one myself but have heard GOOD things about them. Good quality 'zorst with excellent power gains, apparently.

GO FOR IT!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yea, just buy it, and if you dont like it, I'll buy it off of you for half of what you will pay. :laugh :laugh

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i picked it up today and holy shit is it light. the mid-pipe is like a piece of paper. the kid i got it from threw in the fi light fix and a puig double bubble. as soon as im done typing this im hitting the garage to install it. im curious about installing pc3. anyone know of a diy writeup on that? im sure ill find something or figure it out. annnd im out.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Arata's a good pipe. Light, good gains, and cheaper than the akra system. I like mine.

As for the PC...they come w/detailed photo instructions and they only fit one way. Pretty hard to fuck it up. Be sure you ground to the battery and not the frame...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it is about the same on the butt dyno from 2-5 with an unusual flat spot at 5 then from 7 to 14 its balls to the wall, bad ass, and other descriptions my mother wouldnt approve of. its fine to drive around but i clearly need to get it dyno tuned. the problem im having is that i cant get my right passenger peg on anymore which proved a serious problem tonite when i went to give my ladyfriend a ride. i just bought her a riding jacket too. anyone have any solutions for the peg issue?

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Damn. Behind the Jardines those Arata's are by far the best looking zorst for the 05/06. Looks awesome!

·
Registered
450 Posts
She'll sound a lot better at 15Krpm:wink

And guys, I hate to sound like some ol granny, but posting your lic plate # baaaaaaaad! M'kay?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
She'll sound a lot better at 15Krpm:wink

And guys, I hate to sound like some ol granny, but posting your lic plate # baaaaaaaad! M'kay?
my appreciative side says: youre absolutely right on that one. thank you for your concern.

my lazy asshole side says: bahhh its locked, insured, and garaged in a different address than its registered to. and i own guns. come take it.

i will be posting a vid later of this bike dinging the rev limiter for all to enjoy.

·
Registered
450 Posts
my lazy asshole side says: bahhh its locked, insured, and garaged in a different address than its registered to. and i own guns. come take it.

The problem isn't the theft of your bike, it's the theft of your identity. Also, that plate # opens up a whole new world of information to any internet bad guys who can use it to go way beyond theft.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The problem isn't the theft of your bike, it's the theft of your identity. Also, that plate # opens up a whole new world of information to any internet bad guys who can use it to go way beyond theft.
sorry poach my asshole doesnt know much... your advice is appreciated.

heres my new vid

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1-cummN4SsQ
short but sweet, enjoy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts