Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how many n6z members out there can raise there hands up and honestly declare that...they have never ridden their bikes under the influence of some alcohol; we all know that if out riding then having 'only the one' is really 'one too many' and even if we aren't riding, well it can take more than a night's sleep to clear this liquid-menace out of our system and the next morning we can easily pretend that we're fit and fine to jump onto our machines when we're obviously not.

I hope this will make an interesting thread. And sorry chaps... no I will not be raising my hand.

·
Registered
517 Posts
ive never ridden under the influence. have i driven after some drink? yes. am i proud of it? no. that was a long time ago. never got into any trouble, but i know i could have. never falling down drunk, but still a couple beers is enough to impair you.

its all a choice. i choose to be sober when riding...i need my reactions sharp. too many idiots out there.

·
Registered
475 Posts
i'll raise a hand.

when i'm out on the bike alcohol isn't even an option to me, not even "just one beer". sure i get made fun of for drinking iced tea but i'd rather have my reactions about me.

And if I know I am going out to get tanked, bike definatly stays home.

the 2 just don't mix

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
i'll raise a hand.

when i'm out on the bike alcohol isn't even an option to me, not even "just one beer". sure i get made fun of for drinking iced tea but i'd rather have my reactions about me.

And if I know I am going out to get tanked, bike definatly stays home.

the 2 just don't mix
wurd
Ill raise my hand.
Not even in the cage either.
If im going to pour some rum...
I have better done all I needed to go get done.

And props to all of like mind.:cheers

·
Registered
400 Posts
me too i never ride sober! always hammered to the gills:D a buddy of mine came back from canada and said the meet/destination spots are bars. and everyone has a couple and rides away. he seen it and was like wtf?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm sad to say that I have had a few drinks one time I was ridden and that just happened to be the one time I went down. It was the worst decision I have ever made in my life, I'm lucky to be alive after that actually. I was quite squidly and had on no gear just a sweatshirt and jeans. Ended up in the ER for some plastic surgery and had a few tens of thousands in medical bills. They actually said if i hadn't been drinking I probably wouldn't have survived, it caused me to just tumble instead of fighting my fall. I'm not very proud to tell this story but it was a life changing experience that I hope nobody has to go through. Complete sobriety is the only was to ride.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Nope, never had one drink on a bike and this is the 13th one I've owned. I get enough kick out of riding mostly like a well controlled idiot. I don't think a drink would make it any more fun. A friend told me once he had one drink on his R1 and could tell the difference. :O

My brother on the other hand ran my my old KLX 250 into the garage door at moms once when he came back from the Navy. There was a big V in the door. Took a few days to admit he was at a party. Actually was kinda funny.

·
Registered
334 Posts
i can honestly say i have never ridden after drinkin...if i drink its at home and at home only. got friends who drink and ride and/or smoke and ride, but not for me.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
i have only done it once, and the only reason why i did because i knew that i was going to get hamered that night, so i asked if someone if they could follow me home so i can drop off my bike and then take me back to the bar. i ended up getting completely hammered that night but i had a safe ride home from a dd and no harm no foul. but i could def feel a difference riding home after only one drink as well, and i lived less then a quarter of a mile away as well which is sweet. that was my one and only time that i have ever rode or driven impaired in any way, if i ride and go to a bar to hang i will order water... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm H2O...

·
Registered
878 Posts
Only time I have ever done something remotely similar is having a beer at work at lunch.... then riding home in the evening.. a good few hours after....

Other than that... its a NO NO..

T

·
Registered
421 Posts
i have done it twice in a car but NEVER again...never would on a bike...dont wanna hurt my baby...i dont ever ride if ive had drinks the night before...i always have a day inbetween drinking and riding...like a lot of other people have said got too many idiots and other things to think about like road surface before taking into account being drunk!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
My hand is raised. I USED to ride extremely drunk back when I was 19 or so (it was an '85 Honda XL350). Looking back I now know that was extremely stupid and extremely lucky. In fact I was closing assistant manager at a fast food joint and I'd give one of the employees, a hot little Mexican chica, a ride home now every now and then. Now often I willl ride 3 miles (roughly) when I've had a few but well before the legal limit. Hell sometimes that is when I get my best wheelie practice!

EDIT:
Forgot to mention I used to apologize to that gal but she said I always drove fine. That actually pissed me off. I didn't want to hear that. In an odd sort of way I wanted to hear the opposite in hopes of scaring myself.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
*flame suit on*

Now days, having a CDL, a good five figure hospital stay & a few nights in the gray bar motel, I won't risk riding, or even driving drunk.

The other day, my ex neighbor invited me over to have dinner with his family & talk motorcycles. As soon as I got there he offered me a corona, I drank it knowing I would be there at least a few hours & eat a huge meal. We had pork shisk-a-bobs with rice & I hung out showing his boy everything about my KZ. I went home, a 1 mile ride tops & even then I thought I could feel a difference but it might have paranoia.

That's the farthest I've pushed it in quite awhile.

But when I was younger...

I'm not fully going into the completely retarded things I've done while being 110% soused but here's some perspective. I know it's not an excuse, just the rural area I grew up in drinking was common place & easily accepted. When my friends & I were all kids, we worked, hot roded anything we could get our hands on & drank. I remember going down to the V at maybe 16 & getting relatively smashed, playing darts with old men until they all went home & then finding someone to buy more booze (or provide us with any other sort of dope for that matter). Backroad boozin' & cruzin' was practically a sport for us, I can't remember how many times (if) the cop would finally catch us & just tell us to go home because he didn't want to do the paperwork. Keggers were almost a weekly occurrence before I could buy smokes.

Like the old phrase goes, 'there ain't much to do around here besides drink, fight & fuck.'

I've never been much of a fighter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts