Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I’d be shocked if Astars abandoned the zip in system. Do the tech5 vest have a plug in for the jacket indicator lights?

·
Registered
272 Posts
I’d be shocked if Astars abandoned the zip in system. Do the tech5 vest have a plug in for the jacket indicator lights?
That was my initial thought too. Then I realized how many competitors are producing stand alone air vests that can go into any "air-bag" compatible suit. And then there's the fact these "air-bag" compatible suits are also being easily produced by many companies, including a whole slew of new entrants. So if that's the direction this particular air bag industry is moving towards, then the Tech Air Race would have a hard time keeping up with sales, especially at a price point nearly double. So I could see the reasoning for A-Stars to stream line production to just a stand alone vest at a lower price that can be mass produced and sold to be used in nearly any brand of suit coming out on the market.

And no it only has lights on the actual vest when you close the clasp.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
It will be interesting to see how the tech evolves, I was Customer number 2 of the only local TechAir dealer in a 4hr drive distance, so I guess I qualify as an early adapter! If thats the direction it goes i may end up with orphaned tech, or maybe I’ll unload my techair race to an actual racer and go tech5 at some point. Or maybe I’ll wax my chest and pull a Fabio and ride around with my gear unzipped! Haha

·
Registered
108 Posts
It will be interesting to see how the tech evolves, I was Customer number 2 of the only local TechAir dealer in a 4hr drive distance, so I guess I qualify as an early adapter! If thats the direction it goes i may end up with orphaned tech, or maybe I’ll unload my techair race to an actual racer and go tech5 at some point. Or maybe I’ll wax my chest and pull a Fabio and ride around with my gear unzipped! Haha
What size airbag? I would buy it off you if you are local to the GTA lol let me know if you are serious

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
What size airbag? I would buy it off you if you are local to the GTA lol let me know if you are serious
I’m on the other side of The country my friend, and seeing as the techair5 are kinda vapourware so far in Canada this year I doubt I’m going to be making any kind of changes in the short term.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I’m on the other side of The country my friend, and seeing as the techair5 are kinda vapourware so far in Canada this year I doubt I’m going to be making any kind of changes in the short term.
Right on couldnt hurt to have asked.😛

·
Registered
108 Posts
See I am not sure if that would fit me. I bought the XL T - Missle Air jacket so I am pretty sure I need an XL vest. Anybody know for sure?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts