Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a metal gear used in an RC truck which snapped off a few teeth. The plastic part is discontinued so I opted for the metal one for over $20...but its cheap Chinese metal and the teeth snapped, so I dont want to keep buying it over and over again.
I wanted to make a mold of the one I had and buy some plastic pellets and keep making them, but I thought maybe some of our members are already into this kinda stuff. If anyone wants to do it, let me know. I can ship the original part to you and pay for the materials/labor to have a few made. I only need the hole in the center to be exact. I dont need the other holes on the gear.
Here is the part:

C5D973BB-3972-4534-A80E-090F43E659C4.jpeg
2A99C011-FF3F-41BC-BCC9-B3313D1DE4EF.jpeg

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
11,953 Posts
Don’t know. I miss my RC car days

Reactions: Scorpi0

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just gave up and bought a new part. Would still like to find a hookup for the future though.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have a 3D printer but haven't tackled anything like that yet. IMO the best way to go is to use a cad program to make the CAD files for the part and then send it to a fabricator. On the BMW F800GT forum there is a fella that had a gear shift leaver printed out of a tough plastic and it has worked well for him. Another option is having a part cut with a CNC machine from a CAD file - probably more than it would cost to just get a new RC car though. Most of the inexpensive 3D printers print PLA, PTEG and ABS. ABS is what Legos are made out of as well as fairings.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I ordered a small desktop cnc machine online a few weeks ago. Haven’t received it yet but I intend to be able to eventually make stuff like this. It will only be capable of cutting things like soft metals, plastic, and wood though. I kind of doubt it will cut steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
11,953 Posts
Hit this guy up. He makes every RC part.

JohnnyQ90
So sick. Is this the guy that did the 1/3rd scale? V10 hybrid. Stupid. Basically looked like a small drifter cart.

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered a small desktop cnc machine online a few weeks ago. Haven’t received it yet but I intend to be able to eventually make stuff like this. It will only be capable of cutting things like soft metals, plastic, and wood though. I kind of doubt it will cut steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wanna see some of your work when u finally do get it. Its something I might consider buying in the future.
My dad is actually a machinist. He does all manual though...never learned the computer operated CNC stuff.

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
11,953 Posts
I wanna see some of your work when u finally do get it. Its something I might consider buying in the future.
My dad is actually a machinist. He does all manual though...never learned the computer operated CNC stuff.
That’s an actual machinist

Reactions: sbk1198

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
11,953 Posts

Reactions: Scorpi0

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
11,953 Posts
Need this for girlfriend’s gun when I get it. Can things be printed with color like this?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts