Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking about getting one..

any noticed performance?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I haven't gotten one for my Ninja yet, but I had one in my F4i and, yeah, it works.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
yeah i noticed a big difference once i installed mine and downloaded a custom map to my exhaust and filter, probly gained 5-8 HP from it

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Huge difference on my TL1000S, but note that a powercommander is only as good as the map you put in it. It just gives you the ability to re-map your bike, its the map you put in that makes the difference. Stick on a PC with a base map and you'll see zero difference of course, get a custom dyno tune and then you'll see a big improvement. You can also get off-the-shelf maps which aren't bad, but not as good as one built for your exact bike.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
so, how much does it cost to get a custom map?

and ive heard that you can DL some maps from the internet and what not...true?
you can but they are not as good as 1 with someone tuning the pc just for what u got done to the bike, every engine doesn't run the same, thats y u can't use just every 1's map, i would just go get it tuned on a dyno

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Huge difference on my 6R. Smooths out the powerband and makes the bike simply more well behaved. After an exhaust change you have to fiddle with maps like whoa but it's worth it to get the right map for your exhaust. A custom map is worth it in my opinion, even though I dont have one!

·
Registered
57 Posts
honestly I haven't felt a big difference. I'm running tweakmon's map also. to be truthful, I installed mine in spring so I didn't take the time to ride the bike before installing it.

The jumper mod on the other hand did make a huge difference

·
Registered
86 Posts
after i put the 2bros pipe on my 07 i lost alot of lowend power. the pcIII brought that back and added a shit ton to the top end. i haven't rode with another 600 yet that can pull on me and that includes two modded r6's (an 07 and an 05) and an sv650. Shoot, even from a dig I rape my buddies zx10r, untill we get up to about 120, then he almost knocks me over when he passes me, lol

·
Registered
764 Posts
I really need one of these.

·
Registered
764 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
even stock there is 3-7hp to be had according to the dyno shop by looking at the stock air-fuel mixture

·
Registered
450 Posts
How can I get this price?
You need to find a good dyno tuner who specializes in sport bikes near lincoln nebraska. I'm not familiar with the race trck situation in your area, but around here you generally find the right guy attending races or even sometimes track days with his dyno in his trailer.

Obviously prices may vary...but the guys who show up to tune at the race track are generally more reasonable because they know they're dealing with broke ass racers....

·
Registered
764 Posts
They are 258 here from my tuner. Hook me up with your tuner lol.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Sure!

Trailer that bad-boy out here. After you're done getting her dialed in I'll show you around the fastest track in the west!:thumbup

1 - 20 of 20 Posts