Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...happened to me again today.

I wear flange type earplugs and my bike is stock. I can't really hear the stock pipe. I swear, everytime I am not paying attention I stall by bike at a red light (after it turns green). You have to give this bike waay too much throttle to start off. I need my low end torque!! I feel like such a n00b when that happens. Oh well. End of rant.

I will be getting my pipe, PCIII and aftermarket air filter first thing next riding season.

Anybody else have this problem?

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
why wear ear plugs if you cant hear the bike??

·
Registered
992 Posts
the 07 zx6r was madeto work like that the two butterflies open indepently thereis a way to bypass it an aftermarket air filter wont do anything

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the 07 zx6r was madeto work like that the two butterflies open indepently thereis a way to bypass it an aftermarket air filter wont do anything
interesting.

a remap will do the job I bet. We'll see next year. I really don't want to do sprockets.

·
Registered
16 Posts
you don't wear hearing protection when you ride?....
I've only worn hp once while on a bike, that was on a ~6 hour (3 each way) ride. I didn't really like it at all.

And actually, some studies I've read indicate that even with hp you can still get hearing loss, because the sound is just conducted through your skull instead of through your ears directly (yes, I'm not making this up).

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've only worn hp once while on a bike, that was on a ~6 hour (3 each way) ride. I didn't really like it at all.

And actually, some studies I've read indicate that even with hp you can still get hearing loss, because the sound is just conducted through your skull instead of through your ears directly (yes, I'm not making this up).
I wear hearing protection because of the wind noise. The constant wind noise at highway speeds, that's enough to reduce your hearing (like working in a factory all your life will). With my earplugs in the wind noise decreases dramatically. And to me the feeling of the plugs are a lot less annoying than the constant wind noise. Actually, the muffled sound of the wind and the bike helps me concentrate more.

I'd like to see that study, because I believe that by significantly reducing the amount of ambient noise in and around your eardrum you will be less likely to develop hearing loss over time.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have not stalled mine, but I know what you are talking about. It seems 1st gear is a little too tall. Plus I used to ride a 2006 Ninja 650R which had no problems taking off in 1st or 2nd. Of course it was a parallel twin with a tiny bit more torque.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
...happened to me again today.

I wear flange type earplugs and my bike is stock. I can't really hear the stock pipe. I swear, everytime I am not paying attention I stall by bike at a red light (after it turns green). You have to give this bike waay too much throttle to start off. I need my low end torque!! I feel like such a n00b when that happens. Oh well. End of rant.

I will be getting my pipe, PCIII and aftermarket air filter first thing next riding season.

Anybody else have this problem?
Well i stall mine alot in my yard tryin to walk/ride it across my grass... its too heavy to push... but if you just feather the clutch i find it wont stall. give it some gas and it dies. Other than that I never stalled it on the street. But first gear is tall and first gear starts are a little annoying with no TQ down low. I just try not to stop at all lol... roll thru that stop sign...

What officer? I didnt see a stop sign. Why is there no plates sir? uhhh i just bought it... i have insurance and the papers ready to bring to the DMV *wink wink*

1 - 13 of 13 Posts