Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure out if there are any forum members in Alabama. I'd like to set up a group ride one weekend!

·
Registered
468 Posts
I'm in Pensacola, FL. Just a short ride from Mobile. Another forum member and I ride pretty often. We've been looking for some new terrain.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am in Huntsville (North Alabama). Try Bama Rides

·
Registered
325 Posts
I am in Huntsville (North Alabama). Try Bama Rides
Do you ever ride with our group, Tennessee Valley Sportbike Club? We started in '99 and ride weekly in nice weather on Sundays up into Tennessee usually through Jackson County to Winchester, over to Lynchburg for lunch, back to Fayetteville, then HSV. We change it up about a third of the time. On good springs about 15 or more riders, down to 4 or 5 on not so good days.

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
I use to live in Mobile but now I live in Huntsville

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Im in Scottsboro, AL 30 miles east of Huntsville. Its usually 15-20 of us that rides some good twisties every week if the weather permits.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Do you ever ride with our group, Tennessee Valley Sportbike Club? We started in '99 and ride weekly in nice weather on Sundays up into Tennessee usually through Jackson County to Winchester, over to Lynchburg for lunch, back to Fayetteville, then HSV. We change it up about a third of the time. On good springs about 15 or more riders, down to 4 or 5 on not so good days.
Yes I have a road with a couple of times and had lunch downtown Lynchurg at the little diner. Im on the Facebook page with the group also. I had trouble keeping up on my Ninja 650R and I dont like holding people up. Everyone said its no big deal but I don't like "being that guy". I bought a 2006 ZZR 600 which is alot faster so i should be able to keep up now. Only thing is I bought it in Nov. 2014 and hardly have any seat time. It's TOTALLY different from my "Twin 650" I want to get some seat time in, get to know my bike and get comfortable with my bike before I group ride with you guys running the pace you all run. I'm not trying to kill myself or worse yet someone else!! I may try to join in to the trip to "Deals Gap". I hope to be ready by mid summer or the end of the summer to join in with the group. I made friends with "Charles Lifer" he has hung back with me when Ive joined in. I am sure you know him, ex-cop, super rider, super nice guy was riding a Green Ninja 1000. I probably rode with you before. I didnt join in and ride last year. It was 2 years ago the last time I rode with the group. Look forward to riding with you and meeting you (again)!!

Reactions: pucksdown

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yes I have a road with a couple of times and had lunch downtown Lynchurg at the little diner. Im on the Facebook page with the group also. I had trouble keeping up on my Ninja 650R and I dont like holding people up. Everyone said its no big deal but I don't like "being that guy". I bought a 2006 ZZR 600 which is alot faster so i should be able to keep up now. Only thing is I bought it in Nov. 2014 and hardly have any seat time. It's TOTALLY different from my "Twin 650" I want to get some seat time in, get to know my bike and get comfortable with my bike before I group ride with you guys running the pace you all run. I'm not trying to kill myself or worse yet someone else!! I may try to join in to the trip to "Deals Gap". I hope to be ready by mid summer or the end of the summer to join in with the group. I made friends with "Charles Lifer" he has hung back with me when Ive joined in. I am sure you know him, ex-cop, super rider, super nice guy was riding a Green Ninja 1000. I probably rode with you before. I didnt join in and ride last year. It was 2 years ago the last time I rode with the group. Look forward to riding with you and meeting you (again)!!
Thanks! That's me. I now ride an orange 2005 636. The Ninja 1000 was not fun above 8/10's pace. My son, a teen, and I will be on the Deal's Gap trip so I will be going really slow by most standards to keep him safe.

·
Registered
325 Posts
311motorsport, will be making a couple of Deal's Gap 1-day rides soon on Sundays. If interested let me know. It will be slower than most due to teaching my teenage son to ride and he is only on a GS500 Suzuki.

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
311motorsport, will be making a couple of Deal's Gap 1-day rides soon on Sundays. If interested let me know. It will be slower than most due to teaching my teenage son to ride and he is only on a GS500 Suzuki.
Do you guys know a faster way?
when we rode to the gap we took 72 to chatanooga and it was boring for the first 2 hours.

btw for the new peeps in the thread I live in huntsville now....

·
Registered
2,844 Posts

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Reactions: Fireman237
1 - 16 of 16 Posts