Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
There were some cool shots in there for sure, but I couldn't help but to think about the felt and the rails getting messed up from the hot chick. I used to get yelled at as a kid for leaning on the rails, haha.

·
Administrator
8,182 Posts
Trick shooters are pretty badass. I can't play for shit anymore but before I got the bikes I made a pretty decent amount of spending cash playin' 9 ball.

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
I'd played on and off thru my childhood and teens but in 2011 i started working at a base own rec center where bascially all i did was play pool for 7 hours a day, usually with people who were much much better then i was, so i eventually got pretty damn good.

One of the people who would frequently play with me actually gave me a 21ounce cue signed by this guy...
Steve Mizerak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually i had never heard of him until i was given the cue but appearently he was a badass at 14.1...

unfortunately it was stolen from the rec center while i was outside doing lawn maintanaince.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Trick shooters are pretty badass. I can't play for shit anymore but before I got the bikes I made a pretty decent amount of spending cash playin' 9 ball.
I'd say running out playing 9 ball is harder than most of those trick shots.

·
Administrator
8,182 Posts
I'd played on and off thru my childhood and teens but in 2011 i started working at a base own rec center where bascially all i did was play pool for 7 hours a day, usually with people who were much much better then i was, so i eventually got pretty damn good.

One of the people who would frequently play with me actually gave me a 21ounce cue signed by this guy...
Steve Mizerak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually i had never heard of him until i was given the cue but appearently he was a badass at 14.1...

unfortunately it was stolen from the rec center while i was outside doing lawn maintanaince.
Awww thats sad!! I still have all of my cues... especially this one

I am a fan of the heavier cues. My Predator is a 20 oz. and I have a graphite breaking cue that is a 21 oz.

I'd say running out playing 9 ball is harder than most of those trick shots.
Yeah 9 ball is challenging. Most of the tournaments I played were 9 ball and it's one of those things where if you don't get a good break and run, then you're basically warming a stool. Especially since it's ball-in-hand when you scratch.

Add to it that you're constantly rotating tables when you do league play so every table rolls differently, the felt could be more or less worn, the rails could be warped, so many different variables. But it was fun and that's where I learned most of my trick shots and safeties. It was like yoga for me. I can't go too long without playing, even though I'm nowhere near as practiced as I used to be. This thread is actually coincidentally timed since I had been jonesing for it for the last few days anyway.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I wouldn't consider myself a shark by any means. I do very much enjoy playing, though I haven't kept up on my skills. Back in college though my buddy and I could put quarters down on a table at the bars and hold it for most of the night...until the beers drown out our skills, lol. I miss college...

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
A guy that was of a similar skill level came to my college one day and did an hour long demonstration and he did every single trick in one take.

Those guys are amazing.

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
i miss playing, it was fun. especially over a couple of cold beers and some shots :)....or in my case while i was working at the rec center, a 4-LoCo in a Arizona Tea can lol....

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Awww thats sad!! I still have all of my cues... especially this one

I am a fan of the heavier cues. My Predator is a 20 oz. and I have a graphite breaking cue that is a 21 oz.

Yeah 9 ball is challenging. Most of the tournaments I played were 9 ball and it's one of those things where if you don't get a good break and run, then you're basically warming a stool. Especially since it's ball-in-hand when you scratch.

Add to it that you're constantly rotating tables when you do league play so every table rolls differently, the felt could be more or less worn, the rails could be warped, so many different variables. But it was fun and that's where I learned most of my trick shots and safeties. It was like yoga for me. I can't go too long without playing, even though I'm nowhere near as practiced as I used to be. This thread is actually coincidentally timed since I had been jonesing for it for the last few days anyway.
i know, i realllllly liked that cue man. a lot. it was one of those as soon as you pick it up, you just feel more confident in your game kind of things.

anyone ever play snooker? thaaaattts a pretty hard game lol.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts