Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so after reading all I have read about this. I figured I would ask. Is it normal to hear a quiet ticking noise coming from the motor? If you listen on my modded muffler video you can hear it when the cam is close to the ignition. The cam makes it sound louder than it is though.

2007 ZX-6R Modded Muffler

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea it only does it when cold. Its barely barely noticable when warm. I just want to know if I should bring it up on my second service next week.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Completely normal. If it turns into a clunk, then worry!

·
Registered
16 Posts
If your friends can hear it over their bikes and the sound doesn't decrease then you have a problem. Kawasaki put out a bad batch of bikes and are not currently doing anything about it. New parts are available if you are lucky enough for the bike to survive what could happen (mine seized at 2100 miles).

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No it quiets down alot after warming up.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Kawasaki's are notorious for having ticking engines, the issue thats causing the seizing motors in our make/model bikes is much louder and noticeable than a slight ticking noise, so as from what i heard from the video id say thats normal for your bike

·
Registered
96 Posts
If your friends can hear it over their bikes and the sound doesn't decrease then you have a problem. Kawasaki put out a bad batch of bikes and are not currently doing anything about it. New parts are available if you are lucky enough for the bike to survive what could happen (mine seized at 2100 miles).
+ 2 on that.

Mine seized as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a ticking noise. Turned out the coils hadn't been bolted up properly after a service, and one was arcing out on the frame where it'd come away!

·
Registered
172 Posts
i get the same thing, i was told by even some kawi veterans that it's normal. kawis are generally noisy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ticking and buzzing seem to be the norm. Also - you are right over the engine - you hear more there than behind or even next to the bike (of course). Again - if your friends hear it over your exhaust - then take it in.

Mine ticks when cold too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a slight ticking sound also,but as u guys say,it more or less goes away when it becomes warm..And i have driven it hard,so i think it should not be a problem..Best of luck to ya,hope everything works as it should for a long time
Ninja Forever

1 - 14 of 14 Posts