Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the bike i got had some beat up fairings so i decided to chance a set of injection molded fairings from smilemoto in china. i thought they were gonna have problems but they actually fit without any issues. the paint was good quality also i was suprised. no chipping or anything even where the bolts go in. decent plastic thickness too. my tank is a slight diff shade of green but that tank was repainted before so im not too worried. ill prob re spray the tank later anyway. but for 500$ to my door i cant complain at all. everything lines up nicely too .so if you get a set make sure to order injection molded not the thermo mold or whatever it is.

·
Super Moderator
12,499 Posts
What pieces did it come with? Ie were the black skirts that go under the seat and under the clip ons included?
Thanks,
Ey3

·
Registered
388 Posts
My china set is way off in color. These look to be okay. I'll put up a pic of mine in the shade soon and you'll see how off the colors are. :(

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
They're looking good. Always go injection moulded like you said. I got some compression moulded for when I ride to the track so I don't smash up my oems if I come off, and the paint on them was very good but the fitment was terrible. I just cable tied them to the bike for a speedy swap. I literally bought the cheapest I could find because they were only for track, but if I'd bought them as road fairings I would have been pissed!

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Did you make sure to put heat padding on the back side of the fairings if they didn't have it one already?

They look really good, and clean.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts