Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been spoken about in other threads, and I've attempted to find my answer with no luck:

If I am adding a cell phone charger and I want to splice the power / ground into pre-existing wires, which wire should I use? I'd like to use horn / headlight but am unsure which color wire it is, or where I should splice (in the front, by the fuse box, etc.). I would attach directly to the battery terminals, but I'm not sure if that'd drain the battery (or if it'll only drain with phone connected), and getting to one of the battery terminals is a bit of a bi***.

I ride an 06 636.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
I know this has been spoken about in other threads, and I've attempted to find my answer with no luck:

If I am adding a cell phone charger and I want to splice the power / ground into pre-existing wires, which wire should I use? I'd like to use horn / headlight but am unsure which color wire it is, or where I should splice (in the front, by the fuse box, etc.). I would attach directly to the battery terminals, but I'm not sure if that'd drain the battery (or if it'll only drain with phone connected), and getting to one of the battery terminals is a bit of a bi***.

I ride an 06 636.

Thanks guys
It will only drain with the phone connected. Much easier to connect to the battery.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will be kept in the front. I installed a RAM mount. I am going to attempt to tap right into the battery since ninja says it won't drain without the phone connected

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Where are you going to put your cell phone?A friend of mine did that with the licence plate light cable.It only charged when the bike was running, but he kept his phone in the tail.
Here's an easy, very inexpensive solution:

1. Power Adapter ($16)

2. Green USB Charger (Team Green of course) ($5)

3. Green USB Cable ($5)

4. Tank Pouch ($22)
20 bucks and it works great. It won't come off, even at crazy high speeds (on the track of course :O)

There you go, $26 bucks and you've got a cellphone charger for any phone and for another $22 you've got a magnetic tank pouch to hold the phone and your sunglasses or whatever. I've put $13k miles on the bike with the pouch on there so no worries that it's coming off. Not happening.

I ran my cable under my seat and right up the tank. Works great.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Sorry the 2USB port adapter is $10 not $5. You can opt for a single port adapter for $5 if you prefer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts