Reactions: 636MOBIN

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
No surprises there :O

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
I could have saved Princeton a lot of time and effort by making those same observations for free, with little or no time investment.

That's like a headline reading "Harvard releases a study indicating the color of the sky. HINT: It's Blue".

This country was hailed as a pure democracy but designed as a republic but operated like an oligarchy from day one.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
This is an example of the academic community collectively circle jerking and then fist pumping at their accomplishment.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
This is an example of the academic community collectively circle jerking and then fist pumping at their accomplishment.
That was well put lol. My high school history teacher says the same stuff about our Gov. so this isn't a surprise. I just don't understand how we the people take this shit.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
That was well put lol. My high school history teacher says the same stuff about our Gov. so this isn't a surprise. I just don't understand how we the people take this shit.
Well I would love to think that with the advent of the internet and the ability to exchange thought and information so quickly that we'd be able to foster change but unfortunately excess breeds complacency and you can't break through the veneer of all the hedonism this country has to offer long enough to capture someone's attention.

I mean how to you explain hardship to someone driving a Range Rover? You don't. They see a Facebook post about our government taking land from citizens and they ignore it because they just clicked on the article about Kim Kardashian's nipple tumor. And you know what? Next time the Facebook algorithm remembers that they didn't click on the hardship article and doesn't even bother showing them those types of stories anymore and they move on blissfully unaware.

Those same people go home at night and watch CNN and you know what? A week and a half in to the Bundy standoff in Utah and you could not find a single mention of Bundy using the cnn.com or msnbc.com search engine. So again, I ask you how do you get the attention of someone driving a Range Rover or living in such opulence? The answer? You don't.

This battle was lost before it started. Complacency driven by opulence is what leads to the fall of empires. Happens every time.

/soapbox

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I gotta say. I read stuff like that and want to set shit on fire. If there was a real movement to overthrow our government and give it back to the people NOT representatives of the richer people. I would so be down. And I mean legit movement not this hippie protest shit. What works not signs and starving.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We used to be a republic. But not for years now.
Yeah, I used to tell people all the time that the United States is not supposed to be a democracy, that it was setup as a republic. But with the mainstream media (controlled and censored by the oligarchy) constantly bombarding the public with the idea that we are a democracy, it just goes over most people's heads.

Reactions: Brandon35

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Yeah, I used to tell people all the time that the United States is not supposed to be a democracy, that it was setup as a republic. But with the mainstream media (controlled and censored by the oligarchy) constantly bombarding the public with the idea that we are a democracy, it just goes over most people's heads.
Yeah the whole Oligarchy thing is why I stay completely tuned out of the news. I pick up some on accident on FB when I'm browsing cat pics but mostly I just try to avoid it because my opinion and vote mean literally nothing.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Who me? Nah that avatar is something a lot of people on this forum did one day to show reverence to the riders that have died. He like me just never changed it. Respect.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Here is a story about somebody who stood up peacefully and won because of overwhelming support against tyranny. i don't know how many of you are aware of this story but a Nevada rancher had his cattle seized by the bureau of land management because he wouldn't sell his rights out to them to turn it into a carbon sink so senator Harry Reid and his son could get a deal with a Chinese company to build a solar farm up the road
» Nevada Standoff a Symptom of Increasing Authoritarianism Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Here is a story about somebody who stood up peacefully and won because of overwhelming support against tyranny. i don't know how many of you are aware of this story but a Nevada rancher had his cattle seized by the bureau of land management because he wouldn't sell his rights out to them to turn it into a carbon sink so senator Harry Reid and his son could get a deal with a Chinese company to build a solar farm up the road
» Nevada Standoff a Symptom of Increasing Authoritarianism Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
He didn't win anything except a moment's respite. There's no way the government will let the precedent be set that citizens can deny it what it wants when it wants.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts