Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post since discovering the community late last week ... I've seen some discussions regarding OTD pricing and what you should expect now that 2019 year models have sat at the dealer for over a year, so let me break down my buyers order for you guys. Would love to hear whether or not you think I should pull the trigger at this price or keep gunning for a lower deal.
  • $10,999 MSRP - 2019 ZX6R ABS - Grey
  • $8,669 after manufacturer rebates/dealer discounts
  • $500 off - Kawasaki demo ride Kawi Kash
  • $8,169 subtotal
  • $560 in tax
  • $100 in TTL
  • $125 Doc fee
  • $7 state inspection
  • $20 vehicle inventory tax
  • $402 dealer freight
  • $402 dealer assembly
Total OTD price: $9785

If it takes two hours to assemble a new bike (I'm just guessing here), that'd be $200/hr for that fat dealer assembly charge. And the dealer was slated to host a Kawi Demo ride event itself where it would match the $500 coupon, but the COVID-19 pandemic squashed that so there went my extra $500 off.

Am I getting too greedy here by expecting I can walk out at $9200?

Cheers and enjoy social distancing while sattled up!

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
When I bought my 2009 brand new shortly after that year model first came out, I called around and found a dealer a few hours away that would do $7,500 (MSRP was $11,000ish). So then I called my local dealers and found one that would match the price.

·
Registered
8,726 Posts
That is about the same as here locally, so no- not a screaming dela, but a fair price iMO

as far as the uncrating and "assembly"
it takes a competent moron about 30 minutes
unbox, wheel bike out, install battery, add oil, add fuel, start motorcycle- done...............

So while $400 dealer set up is a absolutely ridiculous amount, I doubt they are going to give up much of that........ But I would certainly try and get it down to some acceptable number, you are the buyer, negotiate....

I would think... bring up their cancelled demo ride event you plan to purchase based on that 9200 price and them not honoring that "match the $500" and try and get them under $9500 and call it a day and enjoy your new motorcycle............. if they come down further, better yet for you........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts