Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Appears that the exhaust equipped is the ECE/EPA/EC approved exhaust. Normally this means that the baffle is welded in and can not be removed without cutting said weld. You can also see it still utilizes the butterfly valve as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm in the same boat as the OP. Just picked up a new 2019 ZX6R this weekend. Before I bought the bike I knew I wanted to get the carbon fiber akrapovic slip on. The dealer had a package for the ZX6R which included the akrapovic slip on and frame sliders. So thought I would just get the package. Once home I looked and noticed it had the baffle. At first I thought cool it came with the baffle. So I went to take the baffle out and noticed no hole to remove the screw holding it in there. So now I'm going to drill a hole in the side of the can where the screw is so I can take it out when I want to. Pretty messed up that they build it this way. I took picture but don't have a place to host them. So good news OP you just have to drill a hole where the screw is.
the problem i got is finding the screw

·
Registered
15 Posts
There is no screw in 2019 street legal Akrapovic slip-ons for Europe due to EURO4 restrictions. It is not removable, Cam0101 already wrote that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
the problem i got is finding the screw
Its on the tire side but the problem is the carbon fiber can doesn't have the hole to accesses it. You can see the screw. It does have a little tac weld on it but should be easy to break free. The only 2 ways I see of getting to it is a hole saw or drilling out the rivets . I will be using a hole saw this weekend on mine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Its on the tire side but the problem is the carbon fiber can doesn't have the hole to accesses it. You can see the screw. It does have a little tac weld on it but should be easy to break free. The only 2 ways I see of getting to it is a hole saw or drilling out the rivets . I will be using a hole saw this weekend on mine.
did you do yours?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes and it its sounds great. Took all of about 15 minutes to do. It will you give you the sound your looking for. I used a 3/4 inch hole saw. Made a hole in line with the screw. Used an 8mm socket to brake the screw loose. It was very easy to break the weld. Just have to be careful not to drop the screw in the can. Then used pliers to grab the baffle. Gave it a little shake and it pulled right out.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Here is a crappy old video I made in 2010 about mine. My 2016 was the same so no reason to think it's changed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Question: For those who have a Akra full system.. what is the inlet diameter of the canister? is it 60.5mm or 61mm?

thanks!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Question: For those who have a Akra full system.. what is the inlet diameter of the canister? is it 60.5mm or 61mm?

thanks!

I’m pretty sure it’s 60mm. That’s on my 09 Akra evolution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
589 Posts
ive got a Akrapovic Racing Exhaust System Kawasaki ZX6R / ZX636 2009-2019 .... I think we have the same one?

So its 60mm inlet? not 60.5mm?

It’s been a couple years since I measured it, and I don’t have my bike to verify it. But, 60mm is the size inlet I went searching for on ebay. 60mm seemed to be a common size, and I don’t remember even seeing one at 60.5mm or any .5mm increments for that matter. I can’t be certain though until I get my bike back from the shop this week though.

·
Registered
589 Posts
OK, Ill wait for your confirmation.. thanks!

Sorry for the delay! I just got the bike back yesterday. You are correct in that the inlet of the can is 60.5mm!
2.383” X 25.4(metric conversion)= 60.5282mm

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry for the delay! I just got the bike back yesterday. You are correct in that the inlet of the can is 60.5mm!
2.383” X 25.4(metric conversion)= 60.5282mm

Thanks so much for confirming... i think i have to buy that kind of measuring tool for future use...

thanks!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts