Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 09 ZX6R back in April. Had a Yosh RS-4 Slip-on on it when I got it and I want to change it. I'm leaning towards a full Akrapovic system (Racing Line). Anyone run a full Akrapovic:devious system on their Ninja? How did you like it? Did you get it tuned? I plan on getting a custom tune when mine is installed.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts

Awesome exhaust. If you go full system, I'd recommend getting a fuel management system (Bazzaz) and a proper tune on a dyno as well.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
I agree with Preston, one of the better purchases I made, although I switched out the Akrapovic can for Ladybird Parts super short ti made to go with it.

The Akrapovic system saves 14 lbs from stock and gives excellent power and all the way through the rev range, and great peak power, assuming you have it tuned properly. I found the shorty can gave a little better throttle response and much crisper from closed throttle, don't really have anything bad to say about it other than I found the Akrapovic can quiet but that is half the beauty of the harmonics of the system. Definetly get it tuned I also agree and suggest Bazzaz, a proper tune should get you in the 120hp region, I pulled 121 with my set up.

with the Akrapovic can

with the Ladybird ti can

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I've got a full Ti Akrapovic system on my '07. The fit, finish and build quality are the best you can get. Beautiful system for sure.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys!! Yeah I would definetly get a tune. There is a shop not far from me that can do the dyno work. Im also running a power commander 5 so I plan on using that in addition to a timing retarder.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Akra is arguably the highest quality system you can buy, especially if you're getting a full system.

Don't forget to eliminate the secondary air system via blockoff plates or home made contraption ;)

·
Registered
209 Posts
I had an Akra on my '11. Loved it. I had the optional link pipe to delete the prechamber as well. Sounded so damn good. Better than the yoshi on my '06

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah im thinking about doing the install myself since I do have all the tools. How does it work with the block-off plates though? The shop thats going to do my custom tune said that I would need them. Does Akra make their own block-off plates or are block-off plates pretty much standard depending on the bike?

·
Registered
2 Posts
As if you needed any other confirmation... I run full akra SS w/ Bazzaz. Amazing quality, sound and performance.

You won't regret it. Enjoy!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts