Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the middle of a front end swap to the newer 2000-2002 style front end.
I have MOST of the parts right now to finish it up But I seem to be missing the resonators for the two ram air ducts. I have the tubes that go through the frame, and the Ram Air scoop ducts that sit inside the upper it's only the little resonator boxes that attach to the ram air ducts.
As long as I have the plumbing for the fuel evap. system hooked up should the bike run okay or will the cause a possible hesitation, if i were to just block them off?
right now I have no air ducts on the bike at all and it runs great. but i do have the fuel evap system in place.
TIA
Adam.

·
Registered
3 Posts
offtopic

I have a 99zx6 and i want to know how well the newer 2000 farings will fit on the bike.. I just like the dual headlights ..

Thanks,

Martin

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they bolt right on, the side fairings are the exact same pieces.
But you have to change quite a few pieces for it all to go together.

1.Gauge/fairing bracket.(2000-2002 zx6r) or(2005-2007. maybe 08 aswell zzr600)
2.headlight
3. Upper fairing
4.Windshield
5. All the front ram air ducts.
I think thats all of it.............

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
what a bout the tail does it just bolt on as well??

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tail?
I assume your talking about the tail fairing?

the tail is the exact same.
No point in changing it.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
yer sorry..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Doing the Conversion!!

Where did you end up finding all the Air Duct Pieces. Ive thought of just going to the kawasaki dealership in town since its a cheap dollar piece. But where did you find yours? What Gauge Cluster did you use? and did they bolt up perfectly with the zzr stay??! did the headlight plug right in and work? and what was the wiring like for the gauges!? sorry for all the questions! I have the exact same bike and I'm doing the conversion! thanks for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts