Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I have an 07 zx6r and I've been thinking about replacing the stock air filter with a k&n or bmc. But for $70 are they really worth it? Will I notice any change? Cause to be honest I'd much rather pay another $30 and get a seat cowl.

Opinions?

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
took my K&N out and put the stock air filter back in the other day.. By taking out the K&N i got rid of the flat spot in it.. got no other mods tho and the bike came with it in it

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
the good thing about the k&n or bmc is that is washable and reusable and it's free flowing, with a pipe & pc u will pic up some extra power

·
Registered
992 Posts
THE 07 IS NOT MENT FOR AN AFTERMARKET AIRfilter unless you have no cat,and remove the dual butterflies like a rr.or race bike

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what's a cat?

·
Registered
22 Posts
why would you say that you would need a filter only if you hvae taken the cat out? that's what i have done on mine with my akra slip on.
heard people talking about filters not making any differences. and if what you said is true...should that apply to full systems as well?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a k&n filter/exhaust and with the 2 there is a slight hp increase and is very durable, you will not need a new one.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I picked up exactly 1hp with my K&N in a non ramair dynojet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts