Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody have a high performance air filter on their bike?
any noticeable difference?
worth the price?
brand recommendations?

·
Registered
617 Posts
I used to have a K&N air filter on my bike and had very good results from it. Now however I am using velocity stacks inside a carbon air box.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i cant tell the dif with my power commander, exhaust and whatnot. let alone an air filter.

·
Registered
397 Posts
screw the K&N, I went from that to a BMC and got 3 MPG better and it sounds better, you can hear it, its got a nice whistle to it thats makes it sound nice.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i just added a kn and it was a slight noticeable differance, seemed to be worth the money to me, cant wait to see how it works with the slip on

·
Registered
80 Posts
Which ever one tickles your fancy the most. they are both good. For that matter, the stock filter is damn good. Main benefit of the K&N or BMC is that you can was and reuse them down the road instead of having to replace them. See which one you can find for the best price and go from there.

·
Registered
133 Posts
usefull thread,i want to get an aftermarket filter soon and i was gonna get a k&n cos i know from cars its a name to trust,does'nt let as many dirt particals through.

·
Registered
133 Posts
found this
[BIKE FILTER
Following the F.1 successes and the very good performance obtained by the Team Yamaha Belgarda and Team Suzuki Alstare Corona in the World SuperSport Championship, BMC air filters have proved to be the leading product in the category for its quality in material and construction. BMC air filters have been used in Race in the worst conditions to test performance and reliability. Current production uses the same materials already tested. BMC air filters range includes all the more popular sport street bikes, and it always increases including all the new models.

Performance
BMC air filters are designed and produced to ensure a higher air flow than original paper filters. BMC air filters, made in cotton, minimize the loss of air flow pressure passing through the air filter; this way ensures the best conditions for full exploitation of maximum power. Therefore, the benefits of replacing the original paper filter with a BMC cotton air filter in your motorcycles are evident.

Design and Materials
Qualified engineers using advanced software and expert technicians using the latest technologies produce the BMC air filters. A F.1 air filter, for example, must be very light, must be made of the best materials and must improve performance. For this reason, also for motorcycles filters we use only alloy mesh with epoxy coating to ensure protection from petrol fumes and from oxidization due to the humidity of the air. The filtering material is composed of a special cotton gauze soaked with low-viscosity oil to give you the best air permeability.

/QUOTE]

·
Registered
503 Posts
Got a K+N on my B1H and love it! Makes the induction roar even funnier! Also slightly sharpened up throttle response, but nothing to write home about.
I'm sure a pipercross or BMC etc etc will have similar results too.
GO FOR IT!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
i have a k&n cuz i got it for cheap 20 dollars cheap and i didnt put it in til i put on my exhast and stuff so i cant tell if it made any difference but i know u can clean it down the road

1 - 12 of 12 Posts