Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,495 Posts
I could only make it through the first 5 min, but here is some actual riding feedback:

* Your brother(?) is very crossed up in every single direction change shown in the first 5 min of that video. There are conditions under which a bike is easier to control with that type of body language, but the conditions in that video do not meet that criteria. Neutral BP would have probably been sufficient for everything in the first 5 min.

* Your sight lines are terrifying. All it takes is one small thing you couldn't see and you would have been fucked.

* Several times you manuvered very erratically. This is bad because people in cars have a hard enough time figuring out what we are doing. If you throw in going 30-40 mph faster than them, and no apparent signaling you might as well be completely invisible.

Here is why you are getting this type of feedback (at least from me):

I hate logging in here and reading about a fallen rider. If you stick around here long enough you will see a patern emerge. People who ride the way you were in that video and refuse to change it, eventually get fucked up or dead. I would be willing to bet that most of the people who commented in your two threads would be more than happy to go with you to a track and help you understand how little you actually understand. You say you have been riding "a long time" there are people in this thread with ~1 million miles on bikes. Humility man. Give it a shot.

Oh and for fucks sake please change https to http when posting a YouTube link. I hate having to click twice.

Ey3

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Take it to the nearest canyon. Riding like that in the city is just plain stupid. If you need to find a good place to get your rocks off. I know plenty canyon roads that don't have interesections. You are gonna run into someone or some will run into you. BE SMART. Riding fast in the city is a certain way to die young. It has been proven time and again.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Is it cold that i dont give a single shit about their safety and that i care more about the bad rep they contribute to giving us? You two dickskins are the reason people dont like us.
Can I like just the above portion...........

That said, welcome to the forum. You should stick around. You definitely have a lot to learn.
I would have liked this post except............ You tell him he should stick around

For me riders like this douchenozzle are exactly the type we do not need, in society or on this forum. Simply too dumb and even more ignorant that he simply has zero to add to the forum or to society

·
Super Moderator
12,495 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wow such an appropriate song to start out with. This right here is a prime example of why so many people hate street bike riders. I saw some a$$holes riding like this a few weeks back and they almost died right in front of me pulling some stupid a$$ moves like this. Im all about respecting fellow riders when im in my car ill give the all the room and respect them 110% but if i see this you're asking for a nice brake check to bring you back to reality. Grow up man and oh sorry if you dont want all the negativity and friendly advice then dont post videos that risk innocent peoples lives as well as your own.

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
i READ THE COMMENTS FIRST AND THEN WATCHED THE VIDEO. I WAS EXPECTING TO SEE SOMETHING 110% ****COMPLETELY DIFFERENT **** THAN WHAT I SAW BASED ON THE COMMENTS LOL ??? IF I WAS WITH YALL AND WENT OUT FOR SOME "AGGRESSIVE " RIDING I GUESS YOU WOULD HAVE SEEN ME IN ABOUT THE FIRST 4 SECONDS OF THE VIDEO AND AFTER THAT I WOULD OF BEEN ****LONG**** GONE, COMPARITIVELY ... TO EACH HIS OWN THOUGH :) ...NONETHELESS WELCOME TO THE FAMILY ! THERE IS A LOT OF LOVE, ENCOURAGEMENT AND SUPPORT HERE FROM ONE CYCLIST TO ANOTHER NOT ONLY "MOTORCYCLE WISE" BUT WE ARE LIKE A BIG FAMILY HERE ON EVERY LEVEL (MINUS THE OBVIOUS ONES LOL)

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Is it cold that i dont give a single shit about their safety and that i care more about the bad rep they contribute to giving us? You two dickskins are the reason people dont like us.

That said, welcome to the forum. You should stick around. You definitely have a lot to learn.
^ Dick skins hahahaha. That's great. My coworkers are wondering wtf I am laughing at

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
My 2 cents which no one give a shit about but I can't help myself.

I actually thought you had decent control of the motorcycle compared to most squids that ride through traffic like that.

The negative commentary, don't take it personal, honestly most of it is because this forum really is kind of like a lil family and we truly hate to see ppl get hurt or killed. We recently had a member pass away, that member often rode in a way that many of us disagreed with and many of is argued and sad bad things to him but were heart broken when he lost his life. It generally is because most of us care regardless of what ppm say. Rivers may truly not give a shit lol but most of us care a lil.

Someone commented above about damage to an unsuspecting car. Don't just think physical damage. You hit a car at 90 mph and the lil girl in the back sees your body splat on the windshield that could do a lifetime of emotional damage.

The reality is most of us have done really dumb shit on bikes and we all take dangerous risks. The biggest difference with you is that you are involving ppl who didn't opt in by doing it in traffic. I've hauled ass up empty mountain roads at illegal speeds. If you at least take your riding to those beautiful mountain roads then most likely the folks on that road are at least expecting motorcycles.

As far as ppl critiquing your riding. You did say you look forward to feedback. Again, I am sure it came off in a dick way but think about this. You love riding. You prob want to continue to be better and better at it... So sift through the rude comments and grab what you need. Ignore the name calling and extract the body position and line of sight commentary and I'm theory of you work on that then this thread was helpful and you will have improved a skill, which every single one of us on this forum want to do whether we are actively working on it or not.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
To piggy back on the last comment.... Most of us who have opted to learn how to get faster in a controlled environment, utilizing the fundamentals of motorcycle riding, have lost interest in street riding because of how much more exhilarating it is to ride properly.. You may think you're having fun now... But you ain't actually seen shit yet.. Take a course... Or two, and get to the track.. You'll look back on this very ride you posted and will think to yourself... "man.. How did I think this was fun, look how slow I was actually going, and the whole time having to dodge obsticles... I should been out here on this 200mph track the whole time" you heard it here first!

"we hold the history of the universe in our pockets..... And we use it to watch cat videos on YouTube"

21 - 40 of 72 Posts