Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a full set of aftermarket fairings and have looked around at a few different websites. Wondering if anyone here has purchased from any of the dealers. I have heard people mention auctmarts, nicecycle, extreme fairings, etc. I'm looking for advice as I want it to be good quality (as good as aftermarket can be haha) and come with everything I need for a complete fairing change.

Currently my mind is set (mostly) on the following:
white Fairing Kit for 2005-2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R 152

I'm going for a pearl white/gold accent look for my 05. I want to have the solo cowl as well.

Anyone have an experience with them?

p.s. I'm sure there is a thread out there about this, but my search of the forum didn't yield what I was looking for. :O

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
What's wrong with painting what you already have? I've bought aftermarket fairings for an older bike and have a few friends that have done the same. My experience was terrible, one buddy had a good experience (minus his lower flying off past my head). It's hit or miss, but I would go with whichever seller he the most/best reviews if you absolutely have to buy new fairings.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd rather not paint the oem fairings. So I want to get a set that I can put on in their place. Then if I ever sell my bike I can pop the oem back on and sell the afternarkets. I like the titanium color scheme, it's just not what color I want for my bike right now

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have plastidipped my tank, it's a bit of a pain in the ass. It gets dirty super quickly and if you spill any fuel on it it eats through it straight away.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I just bought a set from Auctmarts. Custom done too, gave them a rendition of how I wanted it laid out and what decals/logos I wanted and where. I have a set I tried painting myself, but it didn't turn out the greatest. Still good for backup or track use, but I wanted something with a better quality paint job. Oversea manufacturer's used to have very negative reviews, but I've since seen nothing but good reviews (especially for Auctmarts). If you are going to go aftermarket, I would recommend either ninjafairing.com or Auctmarts. If you can wait a tad, I'll post a thread here soon once I receive my new plastics in February.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Doh! I'm a dumbass! I had the same idea as the OP figuring I could change up the look of my bike with aftermarket fairings but I totally forgot about the tank! Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: 40acres

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I just bought a set from Auctmarts. Custom done too, gave them a rendition of how I wanted it laid out and what decals/logos I wanted and where. I have a set I tried painting myself, but it didn't turn out the greatest. Still good for backup or track use, but I wanted something with a better quality paint job. Oversea manufacturer's used to have very negative reviews, but I've since seen nothing but good reviews (especially for Auctmarts). If you are going to go aftermarket, I would recommend either ninjafairing.com or Auctmarts. If you can wait a tad, I'll post a thread here soon once I receive my new plastics in February.
Please do! I would be interested in seeing it. I've been looking at reviews and most are positive, but there are a few horror stories out there (which is what worries me most). Which is why I've been also looking at other means as well.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Doh! I'm a dumbass! I had the same idea as the OP figuring I could change up the look of my bike with aftermarket fairings but I totally forgot about the tank! Thanks for the heads up!
If I do end up pulling the trigger for aftermarket, I will probably vinyl wrap the tank the same color. Will hold up better than plastidip too

·
Registered
203 Posts
If I do end up pulling the trigger for aftermarket, I will probably vinyl wrap the tank the same color. Will hold up better than plastidip too
If you don't have a compressor or spray gun, you could probably spray can the tank. With enough time and patience it would turn out fairly well, so long as you aren't a nitpicker. From my sole and lone experience painting my bike, the tank was one of the easier parts. Just so much damn primer that it orange peeled....

·
Registered
203 Posts
im interested to see your AuctMarts fairings when they come in. Im thinking about ordering from them.
Just posted my review...check it out below, it's within the last few posts on my V.2 Build Thread.

AuctMarts Fairing Review

1 - 17 of 17 Posts