Votes: 9 27.3%
  • I don't like the look of the stock pipe

Votes: 6 18.2%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm looking at all of the aftermarket pipes for the 07 and really, I think they all look, well..... odd on the bike. I know it's all about performance, but I think that the aftermarket guys could have done a better job making the pipe look more natural on the bike. I am also perplexed as to why Two Brothers does not have a dual pipe for the 07 like they have for the 636 :confused I would have been all over that.

The stock pipe IMO looks great with the two arrow shaped outlets. I know it is probably restrictive though.

Anyway, I was wondering if I got headers instead of a pipe would that make a difference. I'm really in a minor dilema here. Please chime in.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I am also not happy with the looks of the aftermarket setups. The akro looks decent I think but they all ditch the clean looking factory tailight.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I think the akra looks fantastic, as does the hindle. The stock however, does look better than them all.

·
Registered
172 Posts
i like the stock, but i don't think the akra looks bad. the two brothers isn't bad either, but i wish they made a dual one as well.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See.... this looks good to me. I am just wondering what kind of performance limitation I will place on my bike by leaving it on.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You could always gut the standard can and convert to straight through. Cheaper, looks standard and the same gains as an aftermarket can.
I have no idea how that could be done. I guess it is worth researching though. Although I think straight through would be too loud.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks wise the stocko is quite good lookin... prob wait till u find one u like if ur goin aftermarket...
That is my thought exactly. I'm just hoping that more pipes will be made for the bike

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how about get a aftermarket one and custom your own tail light assembly
It's not just the tail light/licence bracket I'm concerned about. It is the style of the aftermarket pipes that does not flow well with the lines/parts in the rear of the bike.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I just took my stocker into the shop to have two of the 3 baffles removed. I have heard sound clips and it sounds alot like the akra setup. The only problem that remains is the weight of the stock muffler that thing is heavy as hell. I will let you all know tomorrow how it sounds.

One other thing: Do you think the exhaust shroud(the endcap) would look good painted black? or textured black? Also how hot do you think that part gets. I am deciding on paint.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Think I might paint the muffler with 1200 degree header paint to in flat black to blend in since they don't have the nice undertail of the 06's

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
the 2bros for the 07 looks nice, too bad its not a dual one though

i'm thinking about getting that

·
Registered
764 Posts
I think akra is the only aftermarket setup that looks like it goes with the bike.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I've really been toying with the idea of getting at least a slip-on and have been leaning towards the Akropovich. Does anybody here know if it can utilize the stock fender mount (the ugly 4 bolts on the bottom of the can on the '06 636)? Just curious because I just installed a Competition Werkes fender eliminator that utilizes the stock hardware...

Just for some background I've had on my past two sportbikes a nice sounding Yoshimura pipe (Yosh Supersport on an '86 Yam FZ600 then a full system race-only on a '93 Gixxer 600). Both sounded very sweet but were a bit too loud. I personally I am looking to not hurt the stock powerband (I don't want high-strung like I had with the race-only Yosh) but do want a better acoustic profile without setting off car alarms.

Does the Akro fit that profile? :confused

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ridin'Hood, whered you get that undertail kit to get rid of that big ass shovel? That thing looks awesome there.
I don't have it (yet), but I'm thinking about it. It is from Competition Werkes

1 - 20 of 37 Posts