Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas on an aftermarket clutch lever for a 2019-on 6R?
I really like the feel (on the fingers and clutch pull) of the CRGs, but they only make the brake lever for the latest years.
I don't like the feel of the ASVs as much, but they do make them for the later 6Rs.
Womet-Tech Womet-Tech Evos Levers | Kawasaki ZX6R 2019+ (tstindustries.com) makes them, but I don't know how they feel.

·
Registered
14,219 Posts
Clutch lever feel is probably mainly dictated by the cable pull, instead of the hydraulics of the brake lever. Are you looking for an adjustable lever, or what? Just something different from OEM?

·
Registered
14,219 Posts
Clutch lever feel is probably mainly dictated by the cable pull, instead of the hydraulics of the brake lever. Are you looking for an adjustable lever, or what? Just something different from OEM?
I also can't see any reason that an earlier year clutch lever wouldn't work..... same clutch, same cable, same handlebars, same perch.....

·
Registered
634 Posts
I think he means what the physical shape of the lever feels like in his hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,219 Posts
OP, contact CRG and ask them if the clutch lever fits your year.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"I also can't see any reason that an earlier year clutch lever wouldn't work..... same clutch, same cable, same handlebars, same perch....."
[/QUOTE]

2019 - on ZX-6R Clutch Lever part # 46092-0568
Clutch Perch part # 13280-0248

2018 ZX-6R Clutch Lever part # 46092-0006
Clutch Perch part # 13280-1160

2019 and on has adjustable clutch levers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had ASVs before, but I like the feel of the CRGs much better.
I'll try to contact CRG to see if they'll ever make the clutch lever for the 2019-on ZX-6Rs. If they won't, I'll probably give the Womet-Techs a shot.

·
Registered
14,219 Posts
It's a 7/8" bar, and a cable operated clutch..... very nearly the simplest control on the entire bike. You could swap out the entire assembly with ease (perch and lever), if there is something you like better.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a 7/8" bar, and a cable operated clutch..... very nearly the simplest control on the entire bike. You could swap out the entire assembly with ease (perch and lever), if there is something you like better.
Good idea. Different cables though, 2019-on is 54011-0634 and 2018 is 54011-0564, but it still might work.
I saw a perch for 2013-2018 on ebay for $17.95.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts