Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

So I'm headed up to Monterey tomorrow (Thursday August 4th) for a track day at Laguna Seca on Friday. My plans for the weekend were going to be to hang out with my cousin in San Francisco for the weekend, but he and his wife had to change the plan and won't be around. So I'm up in the air with what to do this weekend!

I'm going to be solo... I'm either leaving the track right after or possibly hanging out until Saturday morning and headed somewhere.

Looking for suggestions on what's going on in the Central/Northern California areas this weekend. Seriously... I don't have an agenda or plan. Could be a beer fest in Tahoe? Maybe a carnival in Santa Cruz? Don't care!

I have two potential ideas.... Ren Faire in San Jose or the Watsonville Strawberry Festival. :p Anyone got any inside info about anything fun to do this weekend?

Also.... I'll have my bike. It's not street legal. But depending on the road and the company I MIGHT consider off-loading the thing and takin' a rip up a twisty road with some of the members here. It's a slim chance, but it's not out of the questions. Having a party? Invite PowerGroove! :D

That's about it.... I'm on a road trip this weekend and the wind will take me somewhere. I don't have to be back to work until Wednesday!

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
1) I hate you because I want to ride that track so bad it hurts
2) I wish you were on the east coast so we could a) ravage a track together and b) throw back some beer and wings =)

Good luck at the TD and have fun for me!

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2) I wish you were on the east coast so we could a) ravage a track together and b) throw back some beer and wings =)

Dude seriously!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts

Sorry SLO but it's real fucken fun! Haha if you ever around the area let me know I can show a fellow zx6r rider around haha. And slow the strawberry festival is always fun and so is the renaissance fair so you can't go wrong. I believe a huge turkey leg and beer wins the decision lol

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry SLO but it's real fucken fun! Haha if you ever around the area let me know I can show a fellow zx6r rider around haha. And slow the strawberry festival is always fun and so is the renaissance fair so you can't go wrong. I believe a huge turkey leg and beer wins the decision lol
Not to mention.... have you ever camped out at a ren faire? Those people know how to party. They're like carnies that don't do meth. :D

·
Director of Moderation
9,842 Posts
I got nothing...but I'll throw in my jealousy as well while we're at it.

Slo...if you ever do decide to make the long drive to Laguna (with bikes of course), pick me up on the way. I'm right off I-80! :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions as I have never had the privilege! I look forward to hearing about what others suggest and dreaming about making the trip someday. Enjoy the adventure PG, take lots of photos for us! :)

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions as I have never had the privilege! I look forward to hearing about what others suggest and dreaming about making the trip someday. Enjoy the adventure PG, take lots of photos for us! :)
I'll be sure to take an obscene number of photos.

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where's the fun in that?

Hey.... if the midget agrees to the photo and the hooker doesn't mind then I'm posting those pics.

·
Director of Moderation
9,842 Posts
Where's the fun in that?

Hey.... if the midget agrees to the photo and the hooker doesn't mind then I'm posting those pics.
Sometimes it's better to ask for forgiveness than for permission ;)

·
Registered
503 Posts
There's a phone app called Meetup you can try. You'll have to look for and join a group that matches your interests (they have plenty of motorcycle groups) and see if they have any events going on you can attend.

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There's a phone app called Meetup you can try. You'll have to look for and join a group that matches your interests (they have plenty of motorcycle groups) and see if they have any events going on you can attend.
I had a moto group of over 300 people that was on Meetup a few years ago. Very aware of the app and I still get the emails. Good idea... might check it out.

At the moment I might just drop the bike off at my friends shop in Santa Clara and leave it there for the weekend. Pick it back up on my way home. Still up in the air!

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The track is going through negotiations for new owners. They're not closing it down to anything. It's a county park... they don't want to lose that revenue. It's had noise policies for years. Cars are louder than the bikes usually anyway.

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
Good news. You know how those rumors go lol. That's all I heard last week was that laguna was closing to riders and so many people were pisseed over it. Glad that is not the case.

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good news. You know how those rumors go lol. That's all I heard last week was that laguna was closing to riders and so many people were pisseed over it. Glad that is not the case.
That's because nobody bothers to actually fact check shit. They hear "Laguna Seca Negotiations" and they start coming up with shit like "I heard they're not gonna run bikes out there... I'm pissed!"

Too many people getting their news and opinions from facebook.

In Monterey, a battle for historic Laguna Seca raceway - LA Times

·
Registered
73 Posts
The track is going through negotiations for new owners. They're not closing it down to anything. It's a county park... they don't want to lose that revenue. It's had noise policies for years. Cars are louder than the bikes usually anyway.
Did you have to setup the stock exhaust to get on track due to the noise policy?

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
Change your avatar PG miss seeing your badass pictures. Just saying you used to flood this forum with your track day stuff and you don't really do that anymore now that you have your dreamjob. *sigh* Haha anyways I enjoy those pics and videos, but have not seen you post any in a long ass time. Shit, Slo posts more video and he has less time. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts