Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just rebuilt complete ZX6R J model engine . started it up today 4 the 1st time the engine is sweet no rattles etc.But this is were i could do with some advice ,(please only reply if you are clued up with engines ) The bike wont run WITHOUT full choke also i can only rev it upto 4000rpm before it trys to cut out, I know its a fuel problem but as severe as needing full choke all time is more than a tweeking of the carbs,could a bad plug not firing correct (weak)under compression cause this,There is nothing ,nothing wrong in the line of vacuum every thing is piped right. Its not the timing not cylinder head valve leakage all hardware is new and within tolerance of service limit

·
Registered
483 Posts
are you sure the choke cable is connected right? look at the carbs and see if the cable pulls the jets open when you pull the choke

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
is it cold where you are? could be a jetting problem, and the choke is compensating for it. My dirt bike was doing the same thing until last weekend when I bumped the metering needle up one notch ritcher, adjusted the throttle stop to compensate, and now it runs perfect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts