Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My name is ryan I have a 07 zx6r I’m having an acceleration issue whenever I try to accelerate hard it’ll get to 6k rpms and then bog out in all gears. I’ve changed the fuel pump cleaned out the fuel lines and tank. I’ve checked the spark plugs which are still good but I still bought new ones. I’ve checked all friction and steel plates. I ohm primary and secondary injectors. No codes are shown either

·
Registered
12,907 Posts
10K miles on a 13 year old bike is a relatively low number.... How long have you had the bike, now? How many tanks of gas have you put through it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since February and I’ve been riding since I got it and on my days off I would go for long rides as well filling up at least multiple times. I’ve stop riding since this problem and as soon as the fuel light would come on I’d fill up. I took out my injectors and plan on cleaning them to see if that’ll do anything because I feel like it’s not getting the fuel it needs during hard acceleration

·
Registered
12,827 Posts
Intake is clean? No mouse nest or anything?
No blockage in exhaust flow? (Check to make sure the butterfly valve isnt getting stuck closed)
Injectors are clean and spraying normally?
Secondary injectors coming on around 8K RPM’s?
U sure u dont have kinked fuel lines? New fuel pump has enough pressure?

Also, make sure your kickstand kill switch is working properly. There have been a few cases where vibrations cause intermittent contact...just enough to bog the engine but not shut it off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wouldn’t a code show for the butterfly valve stuck closed? Everything from tank to injectors is clean. New air filter and I wiped the air box. I haven’t done the pressure test yet

1 - 12 of 12 Posts