Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just picked up a 03 zx6rr and i heard that the rear swing arm is adjustable in the frame. also can some one tell me the diff between the 636 and the zx6rr other than the cc thanks

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Since 2003 there are two models in Supersport 600 Class of Kawasaki. The Main differences of two bikes are below. It is not the specifications of the bikes, but only the differences between them.

ZX6R:

- liquid cooled, DOHC, 16-valve, 636cc, four-cylinder engine with claimed 125 HP (figures from 2004 model, with Ram Air effect)

ZX6RR:

- liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve, 599cc, four cylinder, four-stroke engine with claimed 123 HP (figures from 2004 model, with Ram Air effect)

- Adjustable swingarm pivot for fine-tuning handling

- Anti hopping clutch (back-torque limiter)

- Lime green coating at the side plates of the X-ring drive chain (Green Chain, 2004 model)

- Black coated Frame and swingarm (2004 model)

- Super-hard DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon) coating added to inner fork tubes to reduce friction (2004 model)

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
the 03 6rr came with a slipper clutch and with a 599cc displacement engine vs the 03 636 came with a 636cc engine and stock clutch setup, pretty much parts are interchangelable between the both and both are great bikes

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since 2003 there are two models in Supersport 600 Class of Kawasaki. The Main differences of two bikes are below. It is not the specifications of the bikes, but only the differences between them.

ZX6R:

- liquid cooled, DOHC, 16-valve, 636cc, four-cylinder engine with claimed 125 HP (figures from 2004 model, with Ram Air effect)

ZX6RR:

- liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve, 599cc, four cylinder, four-stroke engine with claimed 123 HP (figures from 2004 model, with Ram Air effect)

- Lime green coating at the side plates of the X-ring drive chain (Green Chain, 2004 model)

- Super-hard DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon) coating added to inner fork tubes to reduce friction (2004 model)
thanks for the info i just picked up the 03 zx6rr for a hell of a deal and just wanted to know what i got

·
Registered
227 Posts

ZX6R:

ZX6RR:

damn you are one smart cookie did you know that of the top of your head or did you loo it up ???????????

pretty kool stuff for a girl to be spittin out :):):):):):):)

how about the 06 636 ????????? data????

and another thing i have a 06 636 and a 06 650 R what is the difference between the 650 R and the ER6N like you have besides fairings and headlight and gauges and stuff ???????????
yours looks more like a street fighter then mine

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i just got done taking it down to the frame now im going to powder the frame subframe and swing arm i think im going to do matt black

1 - 18 of 18 Posts