Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While riding home on thursday night my bike started missing really badly untill it cut out altogether and wouldnt start again.
So i left it and walked home, Then went back to it friday and it started so i rode it home,

Then last night same thing so i left it where it stoped and walked again ,
And went back to it today and it started but missing really bad untill it stoped after a few minutes and now it wont go at all.

I changed the plugs and it made no difference at all so i need help please
Its a 2002 zx636 A1P carb and i dont know what to do next other than give it to a garage

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
would get it to the shop for them to sus out.. Done and mods on it latley??

·
Registered
299 Posts
That sound like what happened on my F4i before.

This may sound stupid, but check your battery connections. Make sure they are clean and very tight.

When that happened to me that is what it was.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no i havent done any mods to the engine at all only the exhaust can and that was on when i bought it a year ago.

Checked battery and its all ok so its not that

·
Registered
59 Posts
OK, there's a few things to check here.
First of all, check the battery as suggested. Make sure there is juice in it and that it is charging properly. Better get a voltmeter.

Secondly, make sure that she is not on the last dregs of the fuel tank, sometimes that can cause poor running. Even if you put new plugs in it, try the spark and see if there's a strong spark.

Also, check the airbox and make sure everything is OK and that the filter isn't blocked.

That should give you some indication of what is happening.
A

1 - 7 of 7 Posts