Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took the bike out to our local Annual Coastal Powersports bike night. ONLY Zx6r of the night..just the usual r6, gsxr, and a couple cbrs. Now before we get into a debate on how dyno's don't prove numbers etc etc etc. I'm not here to state what my actual numbers are. The dyno was the only thing that was kept constant on this night. And....on this night the ZX6R was KINGGGGGGGGGG...by far!

My 09 Zx6r with mods listed below - 113.1hp
07 R6 with M4 Slip and PCV - 103.2 hp (second highest)
06 CBR Not sure on mods...sad sad 98 hp

EDIT** forgot to mention...there was a oh so pretty 2015 R1 there tonight. All stock, barely broken in (i think it was babied on the dyno a little) 178.X

There were a total of 16 600cc bikes on dyno tonight...didnt get numbers from others but the Kawi reign king supreme tonight.

Nowwww...on to the goodies.
Won:
Set of Q3's w/free mount
Sena SMH 5 (have the 10 so this will be for sale soon)
ICON jacket (not pictured, still at shop..didnt have room to lug home)
Motul assorted items

I've loaded a quick raw video (4th gear pull)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h82KyIyg8es&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, be glad someone with a 08-current r6 was there (most powerful of the 600s)

:bigthumb:
Didn't think I'd actually put down the highest due to most of the ones there were running PC5...therefore I was assuming they would at least have a tune or better yet...should have spent the money for a tune.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
09-12 were notoriously the strongest 600's. Even with a tune it would be hard for a cbr600 with a tune to make up the wide margin kawi created.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can not for the love of me figure out why I can't embed the video?!?!?!?! I've done it in the past week but for some reason it's just not working...this is the first time I've seen the youtube code look like this below with this iframe thing.

·
Registered
11,663 Posts
Very cool.... seeing as how I how the same bike with a very strong motor at the moment, this makes me ---> :D

Schooley is on point though with the '08+ R6... thing is a monster. But... the Kawi's have always had some of the best engines generally putting out top HP in their classes. Frieght trains if you will. So this doesn't surprise me in the least. I'm actually wondering what mine will be in about a month or so when I've finished my exhaust work and gotten a proper tune with the new PCV. The motor in my bike has probably about 24-26k miles on it (bike reads 41,XXX as the original motor let go around the 21k mark). This engine was noticeably different (in a good way) when it went in.

Super cool that you got a bunch of good swag! Hell the Motul would've been enough for me! But the other shit is awesome! hahaha. Is this a a regular thing at your local bike nights or something? Or is it a once in a while thing?

·
Registered
11,663 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very cool.... seeing as how I how the same bike with a very strong motor at the moment, this makes me ---> :D

Schooley is on point though with the '08+ R6... thing is a monster. But... the Kawi's have always had some of the best engines generally putting out top HP in their classes. Frieght trains if you will. So this doesn't surprise me in the least. I'm actually wondering what mine will be in about a month or so when I've finished my exhaust work and gotten a proper tune with the new PCV. The motor in my bike has probably about 24-26k miles on it (bike reads 41,XXX as the original motor let go around the 21k mark). This engine was noticeably different (in a good way) when it went in.

Super cool that you got a bunch of good swag! Hell the Motul would've been enough for me! But the other shit is awesome! hahaha. Is this a a regular thing at your local bike nights or something? Or is it a once in a while thing?
Thanks for the info on linking the video. this was the annual bike night. The tires came from a 5 dollar raffle ticket!!!! Best five bucks ever spent!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Holy shit dude that's some nice prizes!!!
I am extremely happy about the tires. Was on the fence of getting another set of Q3s, but not I don't have to lol. The jacket is the 2015 Icon Merc Vitriol. Not really my taste, so hopefully someone will want it locally here.

Icon Merc Vitriol Jacket - RevZilla

After selling the sena and jacket I should be able to find enough cash laying around to get some more parts for the bike (mjs headers, pc5/tune)...especially now I don't have to spend $$ for tires.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm so jealous! Of your prizes that is lol...prizes at local places here aren't anything near as cool as yours. On another note I'm thinking my 08 zx6r motor is on its last legs, been thinking of buying an 09-12 motor since I heard they bolt right up to 07/08's...anyone know how true this is? This post only makes me want one even more now. How much should I expect to pay for one?
(shared a screen shot of your prizes to see if our local shops will step their game up lol)
How much are you thinking of getting for the sen and the jacket?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm so jealous! Of your prizes that is lol...prizes at local places here aren't anything near as cool as yours. On another note I'm thinking my 08 zx6r motor is on its last legs, been thinking of buying an 09-12 motor since I heard they bolt right up to 07/08's...anyone know how true this is? This post only makes me want one even more now. How much should I expect to pay for one?
(shared a screen shot of your prizes to see if our local shops will step their game up lol)
How much are you thinking of getting for the sen and the jacket?
I listed the sena locally here for 80 and the jacket for 120 on CL since on revzilla the sena is 116 and jacket is 175. Honestly I though about keeping the sena to put into my spare so when people ride w/me they can hear the convos the rest of us are having lol

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
If that's Motul Moto Wash right there, you sir have won the day. Wait until you use that stuff. You'll be I stantly hooked.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If that's Motul Moto Wash right there, you sir have won the day. Wait until you use that stuff. You'll be I stantly hooked.
It sure is! And definitely on the to do list for today.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts