·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Nice video.

When you sync your cameras for multi-cam shots, do you have a utility to help or do you just eyeball it?

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No... I go by the time stamps. Look for cue and set markers... then try eyeballing as best I can. Been editing for so many years it's just second nature. I also record and produce music so I've gotten pretty good at syncing shit up.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
No... I go by the time stamps. Look for cue and set markers... then try eyeballing as best I can. Been editing for so many years it's just second nature. I also record and produce music so I've gotten pretty good at syncing shit up.
Cool, thanks. I've thought about strobing a light, making a loud noise, etc to set a "sync-point". I don't have multiple cameras to test the theory yet :-D.

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, thanks. I've thought about strobing a light, making a loud noise, etc to set a "sync-point". I don't have multiple cameras to test the theory yet :-D.
I usually go by visual cues most of the time. Passing a fire hydrant, driveway... tree.. you get the idea. Frame by frame until I find what I like... then splice and edit.

This video here was done mostly with one cam and about 30 or 40 runs up and down the same hill. But used almost all visual cues to get the edits right.

A Favorite Turn - YouTube

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Powergroove that last video was good the only part that was a little rough was the beginning when you were getting your gear on. I was getting me dizzy with all the quick movements. Other then that great video!
Now I want to know where that is in California and if they rent sportbikes anywhere around there. It looks great with all the twisting roads. In Florida we have alot of cruising roads. Not to many twisties.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
i was there...didnt see you...lol

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
we are doing muholland tomorrow if you wanna go

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
Nice videos PowergGroove. A big thumbs up to the Kawasaki leathers.
Tell me where was the camera mounted when you were standing in the truck?
You didn't have your helmet on yet, So shoulder maybe???

Your bike sounds great, That exhaust sounds like my yoshimura.
That road puts me in mind of the Cherohala Sky-way, Only with less trees.

DaddysNinja, There's no need for you to go all the way out to CA, for roads like that.
Just a few hundred miles north of the FL, GA, line you will find many many such roads in the Appalachia Mt's.
Only as I said more trees.
Come on up to the dragon next year & I'll show ya.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
you just have all the best weather there

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Powergroove that last video was good the only part that was a little rough was the beginning when you were getting your gear on. I was getting me dizzy with all the quick movements. Other then that great video!
Now I want to know where that is in California and if they rent sportbikes anywhere around there. It looks great with all the twisting roads. In Florida we have alot of cruising roads. Not to many twisties.
Yeah.. that first part was sped up so it didn't take the entire 4 minutes of me gearing up.. haha. It is a little dizzying.. lol

i was there...didnt see you...lol
How could you have missed 15 of us? hahaha... we were all sitting by the fire pit (that wasn't lit) - I had a bright orange Repsol shirt on. Was a little bummed they didn't even have a stunter this time! I can't remember a time that they didn't have someone stunt riding. And no band this time either? lol

Nice videos PowergGroove. A big thumbs up to the Kawasaki leathers.
Tell me where was the camera mounted when you were standing in the truck?
You didn't have your helmet on yet, So shoulder maybe???

Your bike sounds great, That exhaust sounds like my yoshimura.
That road puts me in mind of the Cherohala Sky-way, Only with less trees.

DaddysNinja, There's no need for you to go all the way out to CA, for roads like that.
Just a few hundred miles north of the FL, GA, line you will find many many such roads in the Appalachia Mt's.
Only as I said more trees.
Come on up to the dragon next year & I'll show ya.
Thanks man! LOVE my Kawi Leathers.. haha. People give me the weirdest looks... especially when I'm coming back from a good ride and cruise up the main drag in full racing gear. :) And yes... My Muzzy makes music to my ears. :devious

That cam is on my forehead... I've got an elastic head strap mount for the GoPro.

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
Oh hell I didn't think of that, like the lights we use when cave exploring.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I was there with pacific coast riders...my bike was the last one in the drive way..behind you guys i remember seeing that gsxr ..the kids were sittin on and reving the shit out of it before you guys left...lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts