Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From my Oct 3rd open day at BeaveRun. Hopefully more to come.

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
sweet. nice green tape. were you saving weight by leaving off the rear seat and using tape??

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
were you saving weight by leaving off the rear seat and using tape??
Ha! no that's my old seat... which is just the base w/o the padding and leather. I use it to bungee my bag onto my tail, it works real nice! I just taped it to make it black.

Really though look at me..does it look like I need to save any more weight? I weigh like 125 pounds!!

Green tape makes you faster!! (It's actually bodyshop tape, it works the same as the blue painter's tape everyone uses...but it's green!!)

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
looks like ya havin some fun out there..

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sweet pictures, were you riding on the factory Bridgestones?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
were you riding on the factory Bridgestones?
Nope, Pilot Power in the rear and Pilot Power 2CT in the front. They stick pretty well, but certainly aren't race tires.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks, I have always heard the Michellins are tough to beat.

·
Registered
553 Posts
My last track day I ran a regular pilot power up front and a 2CT in the rear. It worked out ok I guess. I wanted the 2CT's front and rear but the dealership didn't have the right size for the front and I couldn't wait for someone to ship it. Tracks are a blast, everyone should do at least one track day just to get a taste of it.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Great pics, need a better camera angle to show off the rearsets tho'

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ian, great pics........ I can't wait until my first track day. What track would anyone suggest I try, as I live in Baltimore, Md.?

Cheers

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great pics!.. how fast did you get her going?
The highest indicated speed I saw was in the high 130's (mph) on the front straight, but I wasn't really paying attention to speed since turn 1 comes up pretty quick.

I've had the bike to an indicated high of 178mph on an undisclosed highway!:devious

crashtd:
It was a pleasure meeting you in person! I hope you enjoyed your first day at the Beave, and I hope we can ride it together in the future! I attempted to take a few pictures, but my camera likes to kill batteries very quickly, so I wasn't able to get any... You may want to check TheSBimage.com in a few days to see if they have any pictures of ya if you're interested. The guy takes pretty decent pictures, so it's worth checking out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts