Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was able to find a set of Nissin front calipers off of a 97-00 Zuk Bandit that I bid on and won for $50 + shipping on E Bay and was wondering if my brake pads will swap right over because I just got EBC HH pads not too long ago. Also is this all I need to do the swap here is a pic and yes it comes with the SS lines

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
So you have new brake pads for the oe (made for Kawasaki)6 piston calipers and you want to know if they fit in oe 4 piston calipers (made for suzuki)

this is rhetorical right????????????? the answer is right there in the question.............!!

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Guess they don’t thanks internet warrior, I’ll just wait till the pads wear out

lol

Well, maybe 2 minutes tops of search on EBC's website......

FA145 for the 97-00 Bandit

FA188 for the 01-05 Bandit

FA158 for the 07^ Bandit

and what is your Ninja............. FA188

so you should have purchased the 2001-2005 Bandit calipers if you were finding calipers........... or you really should have just serviced your calipers as they are more than capable when you take care of them!

Reactions: laggy311

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright man.. so maybe you didn’t understand.. I have the stock calipers (6 pot tokico) & when I bought the pads they were the correct EBC pads… I installed them and cleaned my calipers, and my calipers work fine but the brakes are a tad spongy/sticky.. I read on here that the old 4 pot Nissins off the bandit were a good upgrade for the bike and I saw some for a good deal so I bought them.. my question was do my pads swap over, which admittedly was a little bit of a dumb question but I didn’t know the answer to it, but I do now thanks big guy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So in other words I “did my research” and bought the correct pads for what I had months ago, but now I got the other calipers and was asking could I swap pads over. I not know I cannot so I will continue to use these until ready to change again.

·
Registered
9,463 Posts
Hey guys I was able to find a set of Nissin front calipers off of a 97-00 Zuk Bandit that I bid on and won for $50 + shipping on E Bay and was wondering if my brake pads will swap right over because I just got EBC HH pads not too long ago. Also is this all I need to do the swap here is a pic and yes it comes with the SS lines
View attachment 108926
No they will not swap over. Completely different pads on completely different calipers.

I hope you now see the absurdity of the question and what you were thinking of doing. @riverszzr went very easy on you.

He’s not an internet warrior. He owns his own motorcycle shop for decades. He’s probably Am raced at some point in time... and is actually the sole human being most of us turn to if we don’t already know the answer. There’s stuff dude knows about models of almost every Make and Model. Like I said, he went easy on you.

If you think he was harsh with you, tell him that you voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know the answer now thanks. I’m done arguing on the internet. Thanks Rivers for the answer. He just doesn’t have to be a douche bag when he answers. And hell naw my friend lol No liberalism here.

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
I know the answer now thanks. I’m done arguing on the internet. Thanks Rivers for the answer. He just doesn’t have to be a douche bag when he answers. And hell naw my friend lol No liberalism here.
Show me where I was a douchebag?????????!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts