Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I have a problem with my bike,when I first bought it 2 mths ago it was running sweet,although a friend crashed it,bent the frame so I needed to get it fixed and Tig welded,I had to removed the carbies,coils etc..OK now here is my problem there are some vent hoses and a carby breather hose,I have connected the hoses as I remembered but I reckon I have stuffed up some where here.the bike revs hard and goes perfect but as soon as I hit 100km/h it wont go any faster,it doesn't matter what gear I'm in,when I open the throttle it just remains at that speed,it has me baffled to what may be wrong..
all the vacuum hoses are connected,the vent hoses are connected,all that is left is the carby vent hoses....I think the air pressure may be sent down the vent pipe causing the prob..???I would like to just get rid of any unnecessary crap that can cause problems....the bike has only done 35000km's and runs perfectly under 100km/h can anyone help me out ..thanks

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Download the workshop manual and print out the carbie vacuum line routing and take all the guesswork out of it. Chances are that's all it is. (What happens if you disconnect the equalisation tubes that run to the front of the ram air inlets?)

(Check the file vault link at the top of the page, we might have a manual for you there).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts