Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard there was a way to get an extra 8 horse out of your 07' 6 by doing something with the chip...Has anyone heard of this?? If so let me know

·
Registered
450 Posts
yeah...rrw made mention of this a couple issues back. I think it was the middleweight shoot-out issue...

If I remember correctly, the bikes delivered to the US are running a highly restrictive fuel map to get by emisions. But, Kawasaki conveniently left the "good" map on the cpu. All you have to do is access it...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah I think I heard of this somehwere else.
The US model had a lean fuel map as the default, to do with noise restirctions IIRC.
So, there is a way to just snip a wire to force it back to the European map that richens the top end and releases the extra horses.

Yup [one quick search later], here ya go:
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=3439&Page=1

A

·
Registered
450 Posts
That link is actually for the 06, but I'm guessing the procedure for the 07 is similar...

A word of caution...be sure you know EXACTLY what you're doing when bridging ports like this. Making mistakes can be very costly...

·
Registered
992 Posts
once you do this your warranty is voided ..i dont reccomend it only cause ofall the problems w/the 07 zx6r

·
Registered
9 Posts
once you do this your warranty is voided ..i dont reccomend it only cause ofall the problems w/the 07 zx6r

It takes 2 seconds to do the jumper mod or for that matter undo it, and since it does nothing to hurt the bike warranty is really not a concern.

all you want to do is jump the light green with dark green stripe wire to black with yellow stripe wire.

You could use a piece of wire, a staple, an actual jumper, even a quick connect. It takes 10 times as long to get the seat off as it does to do the mod, and it really wakes the bike up on the top end.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Josh, you are referring to the 2007 zx-6R? If so, could you elaborate more? I might be interested in trying it after the year warranty is up. Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Josh, you are referring to the 2007 zx-6R? If so, could you elaborate more? I might be interested in trying it after the year warranty is up. Thanks a bunch!
Yeah that is for the 07, the wires may be a different color on the older bikes but the procedure is the same.

Honestly there is no reason to worry about the warranty, and if you are then just pull it out before you take it in.

I started to write a bunch of instructions but it is easier for me just to post this link.

http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?FID=45&TID=30730&set_time=

1 - 11 of 11 Posts