Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine I work with bought a tiny camera that fits on your keychain for 8 freakin dollars. To our surprise, it works great. You still need to have a micro SD card, which costs more than the camera, but still I don't think you can beat this deal for $8. I already have an SD card from my old Droid, so I'll use that when my camera comes in the mail. Here are some clips he shot on our way home from work the other day. To make it even funnier, he has the camera inside of a clear Tic Tac box taped to his helmet. LOL. That's another 89 cents...I guess I should have pointed out that additional expense as well. Can't wait to get mine in. And yes, that clown on the ZZR is me. I didn't know he was going to put this on YouTube. LOL. If I had known, I would have done some sweet wheelies and stuff to impress you all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9xduhcAzzU

BTW here's the link he sent me to the camera for anyone interested: Mini Hidden Camera CAR Key Chain Web Cam DVR Recorder - eBay (item 190494740574 end time May-24-11 22:45:29 PDT)

Or search eBay for "mini hidden camera car key chain".....

Or here's another place to buy: www.chucklohr.com

More info: He says the camera will record for like an hour and a half or so on a single charge. It comes with a USB cable to charge it via a computer, and supposedly you need to keep an eye on it so that it doesn't over charge. When the tiny orange LED begins to blink, then it's done. Still, it's $8. What do you expect, right?

·
Registered
118 Posts
WOW!! Thats some incredible quality video from that little thing lol!!!! Thats insane!!! Lol does he have a hole cut through the tic-tac box for the lens of the camera or what?? Dude this is seriously tripping me out lol. Forget the Gopro cameras...GO PRO WITH A TIC-TAC BOX CAMERA!!! lol cant beat that man, forsure

·
Registered
894 Posts
thats badboy. expect a vid from me very soon as i just bought 1 from ebay.....!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW!! Thats some incredible quality video from that little thing lol!!!! Thats insane!!! Lol does he have a hole cut through the tic-tac box for the lens of the camera or what?? Dude this is seriously tripping me out lol. Forget the Gopro cameras...GO PRO WITH A TIC-TAC BOX CAMERA!!! lol cant beat that man, forsure
At the beginning of the video, you can see him sliding the camera into the Tic Tac box, and you can see the hole he drilled. He's trying a few things to get the mic (which is right next to the lens) to not pic up so much wind noise (hense the gay music he added to the video...that song is just SOOO over used). Supposedly the mic works quite well when used for general video recording.

thats badboy. expect a vid from me very soon as i just bought 1 from ebay.....!!!!!!!!
Nice!! You can't go wrong for $8 IMO. I already have a micro SD card, so no extra expense for me.

·
Registered
894 Posts
me to i've got a 2GB micro i used in my old phone.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool. Mine shipped on the 2nd, so it should be here any day now. I need to run to the store and get a box of Tic Tacs!! LOL. I think I'll go with Velcro instead of duct tape though. LOL.

·
Registered
894 Posts
im gunna gaffer tape mine under the ram air intake so its hard to see:devious and then a naughty run is in order.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Just gracing us with a vid of that beautiful bike is enough impressing we need

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
That's freakin awesome....I'm all over that! Cool deal...Thanks!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
thats freakin awsome for 8$ i been looking for something like that...cause i didnt really want to spend to much money on a camera i have so many just not one i can use on the bike...lol...thanks

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im gunna gaffer tape mine under the ram air intake so its hard to see:devious and then a naughty run is in order.
Yeah that's where I was thinking also.

Thats quality, do you have a link Larry?
Ignore me, I need to learn to open my eyes, you put one on the first post.

Thanks
Lee
LOL. It's all good.

Sounds like similar technology/quality to the MD80, here's how mine is mounted (in ram air duct):

I like it. I think my ram air duct would be just right since it sits level with the ground and this camera sits flat. I'll be sure to post up a video when I get it situated.

thats freakin awsome for 8$ i been looking for something like that...cause i didnt really want to spend to much money on a camera i have so many just not one i can use on the bike...lol...thanks
Yeah and if you break it for whatever reason, you're out $8 and can always get a new one. LOL.

MY camera came in today! Two days and it arrived in my mail box, which is absolutely killer. Now I gotta run to the vending machine and see if there's a Tic Tac box...err...custom hard case for my new camera.

·
Registered
822 Posts
decent quality for sure!! i wonder if it would be easy 2 take the camera out of that "spy" alarm housing? lol but i guess for 8 bucks it's cool as hell. nice find!!!

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Gotta have one of those! Props on the link Larry. If we had a rep system, I'd rep ya.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts