Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with 70w hid kit low/high? just curious because i bought a 50w kit off ebay and they sent me a 70w instead.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Jesus.. Are your headlight's glass or plastic? I would think 70w kits would burn. Post a pic! I'm interested in seeing what a 70w kit looks like.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jesus.. Are your headlight's glass or plastic? I would think 70w kits would burn. Post a pic! I'm interested in seeing what a 70w kit looks like.
they are glass and as for the pic the kit is in the garage about 5 miles from here lol. looks just like a 50w kit with the slim ballast. im putting them on a 2008

·
Registered
57 Posts
they are glass and as for the pic the kit is in the garage about 5 miles from here lol. looks just like a 50w kit with the slim ballast. im putting them on a 2008
The color differences between the 50w and 70w aren't much? I would think 20 more watts would wash out the color a bit more.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The color differences between the 50w and 70w aren't much? I would think 20 more watts would wash out the color a bit more.
yeah they supposedly do according to the people i bought them from. i asked for 6000k bulbs and they gave me 8000k and said that it would be the same as 6000k with the 70w kit

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hmm should look pretty cool..! Im sure not a whole lot of people are running a 70w kit so that's always a plus side!

·
Registered
11,985 Posts
i've only seen 35 and 55w
people say that the 55w burns up without a relay
i imagine 70w will be worse???

i've got a 35w so i'm not sure about the higher ones. all i know is my 35w is problem free :D

·
Registered
57 Posts

i've got a 35w so i'm not sure about the higher ones. all i know is my 35w is problem free :D
That's what i've heard as well, x2.

That's why I was curious to see what they look like..

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah im kind of worried about putting them in... i dont want to screw anything up... or melt.. projectors are expensive!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts

Did you change your projectors too?
OP are you planning to

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nope i wasnt planning on it. full metal construction inside oem from what i can tell

·
Registered
176 Posts
Be prepared to go through some fuses and FAST!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what is the difference between the 7ow and 50w
not much just more washed out and a little brighter from what I have read

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok i just decided to send them back and go with a 35w ddm kit... i like plug and play and forget..

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Good choice. I has a 55w and burnt my fuse every few days. Had to go thru many. Good choice. :)

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Glad you saw the light. Nominal 70W Chinese made HIDs would murder your stock wiring and charging system. That is a lot of current...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts