2004 6rr = M1
2005 6r = C1
2005 6rr = N1
2006 6r = C6F
2006 6rr = N6F

·
Registered
66 Posts
this Q may only apply to british members not sure but the bike im getting is on a q plate and i wanna determin its year so if i find the chasis number does anyone know what the code for the year is that way or will it be the code above at the beginning of the codes!???

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you look at the tenth digit in the VIN that is the year designation. (If it is a 3 the year is a 2003, 2004 is 4 etc.) or you can use the VIN Lookup and it should tell you

·
Registered
66 Posts
oh i dunno it will be somewhere between 95-98
thats if its even stamped as it was a race bike so had no markings i dont think? there should be some way of telling though ..... i will just wait till i get it here otherwise i will confuse myself :lol:

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Regardless of it being a race bike now, it was manufactured to be a street bike at some stage in it's life. So it will have a VIN plate (Unless the previous owner removed it due to it being a write off at some stage). You should be able to determine it's date of birth by characteristics anyway (Even though the bike was pretty much exactly the same for 3 years in the mid 90's)

·
Registered
66 Posts
i think ( not 100% sure that during its time racing the chasis numbers were wiped) wich is why it had to become a Q plate when putting it back on the road what are the main charectoristics i should look for when i get her? i want to know her true age as this may affect the paint scheme i have for her if i race rep her :)
i dont think she has got the origional engine as she has had a full on rebuild and im thinking this will make it harder to establish her year as different swingarms forks etc may have been used as i imagine the frames will be identicle through the 3 years and it will have ben the swingarm etc that are its charectoristis in improving her handling and performance?

perhaps it will be imposible to tell her true age as she is probably a mix and match of all 3 ages? been a written off race bike i imagine she will be parts from many bikes anyway !

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just a thought on this, I remember reading a post on the model variants previously, but does anyone have access to press material from the individual models so that the visual difference can be made and the colour schemes that were released?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a 2006 ZX-6R, so according to the first post I should have a C6F. However, when I entered my VIN into that decoder, it says 2006 Kawasaki ZX636-C1. Why is that?

Here's a screen shot

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,458 Posts
What does it say on your title?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.