Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone wanna tell me I'm crazy? There are California specific bikes yes? I'm assuming the 05/06 636C(CA) is the California model yes? What's the difference of the California specific model?

Apparently I don't have a CA specific model... and someone must have done some fudging to get it registered... is that right? :coocoo

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I don't know much about what they may or may not do to bikes over in CA, but there are so many god damn motor vehicle regulations there that I wouldn't be surprised. It's called "The People's Republic of California" for a reason...

Reactions: MasterTurkey

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
More smog/emissions stuff. That's it as far as I know

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More smog/emissions stuff. That's it as far as I know
So it's most likely that I don't have some of the regulatory stuff on mine huh? I wonder if it lacks the cat. The cats in the headers for my year right? Any way to tell?

... and I wish there was something on the interwebs that told me exactly what the difference of the models was. The guy at work seems to think it's a big deal. :O

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know much about what they may or may not do to bikes over in CA, but there are so many god damn motor vehicle regulations there that I wouldn't be surprised. It's called "The People's Republic of California" for a reason...
Ya. Nice weather... shitty regulations. :headbang:

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
So it's most likely that I don't have some of the regulatory stuff on mine huh? I wonder if it lacks the cat. The cats in the headers for my year right? Any way to tell?

... and I wish there was something on the interwebs that told me exactly what the difference of the models was. The guy at work seems to think it's a big deal. :O
Every bike has a cat in the header

·
Registered
134 Posts
I live in Cali...and I have an 04 636B2 edition. I was told that there was a B1edition but do not know what the differences are.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I live in Cali...and I have an 04 636B2 edition. I was told that there was a B1edition but do not know what the differences are.
Probably like what they are saying about the smog emision stuff. CA has more regulations and what not.

ps. Where's lathrop or whateveR? :O

·
Registered
831 Posts

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The difference is the emissions controls. CA is WAY more strict than most other states.
Rock on. Well I guess I got lucky with my used bike purchase then. :cool3:

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
B1 is an'03 636. Same bike as an '04....only difference is yr of mfg.

CA models have more emissions crap tied into them.

·
Registered
11,663 Posts
The difference is the emissions controls. CA is WAY more strict than most other states.
Most cars are already being built for California standards regardless of which state they end up. It won't be long before they're building all bikes to meet California emmissions. As it is now... bikes sold in other states only have about 2 less hoses for smog stuff anyway.

I have smog block offs and no smog system on my bike. :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Probably like what they are saying about the smog emision stuff. CA has more regulations and what not.

ps. Where's lathrop or whateveR? :O

Lathrop is like a suburb of the East Bay in Nor Cal. I'm 40 mins from Oakland and 40 mins from Sac...kool little city. Not really close to everything but not too far either.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts