Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

I hate to be THAT guy who starts off his time here with a technical post, but I'm at a standstill.

2003 636. Started and ran perfectly fine last time it was used. I went to ride with my neighbor and it would not start. When the key was turned on it continued to click with the fuel injection relay and then cut completely off (power).

My neighbor jumped me with his Harley, kicks right on no problem, second I pull it off the battery, even after leaving it on for about 3 minutes, immediately dies. Tracked te clicking down to the fuel injection relay, replaced that, same thing. No clue what the problem could be. Power Doesn't even stay on after the clicking noises.

Any help??

·
Registered
338 Posts
So it starts when you jump it? Or it won't start at all? Have you checked spark plugs? Is it turning?
When a bike is not starting it could be so many causes. Go for the simple ones like plugs first.

M

·
0 Posts
How old is the battery?

Might be time for a new one bro.

While you're at it, purchase one of these.

Amazon.com: Battery Tender 021-0123 Battery Tender Junior 12V Battery Charger: Automotive

Connect the harness to your battery, and run the cable up into your tail. All you have to do is remove the rear seat / cowl, and just plug it right in. You'll ALWAYS have a topped off battery, and never have to worry about it. This can and will extend the life of your new battery. I've already bought and installed 3 total. 1 for me, 1 for my Uncle, and 1 for a friend, and neither of us have had any issues with a dead battery / starting problems.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Started and ran perfectly fine last time it was used.
when was the last time it was used? sounds like a bad battery, if it runs fine when you're hooked up to juice from another bike and then dies when disconnected.

·
Registered
38 Posts
bad battery. if doesn't stay running the R/R is bad. when you swap the battery get a multi meter to the battery terminals. it should read about 14.3-14.8 volts
I agree, sounds like you need to check the R/R, you've definitely got an issue in the charging system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts