Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am new to the world of Ninja and am seeking some words of wisdom. I bought an 03 636 with a damaged radiator. Per the parts fiche at Bike Bandit the part number for an 05 is the same as for an 03. I found a really nice 05 rad on EBAY, went to install it and found it is different. The 05 rad does not have a bung for the temperature sending unit. Does anyone know if there is a plugged off port somewhere on the engine the sending unit could go instead? Is there any sort of fitting available that would accept the sending unit and that could be spliced into the rad hose? Would a radiator shop be capable of welding the 04 bung onto the 05 rad? Other ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
you should be able to drill into the side of the radiator and weld a nut to it with the correct thread for the sensor or cut out the original one. You will have to becareful when drilling that you dont damage the inside or the radiator, I would use a drill stop. All you need someone that is a good tig welder. Dont forget to flush the filings out!

·
Registered
617 Posts
take it from someone who fixes radiators for a living. If you're going to drill out sensor hole, no matter how careful you will more than likely end up with some filings inside the rad, not a good thing to have traveling around the system. What's wrong with you're rad, any chance it could be repaired.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts