Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,got a couple of questions hope u can answer,i bought a zx6r 636,2006 model bout 3 weeks ago, only just started to go out on it,as had no gear,got all gear na, and weather permiting.. anyway, (1) are the gearboxs on 636's a bit clunky, mine is, i used to have a yamaha fzr 600 a couple of years ago and im sure box wasnt as clunky as this,ive changed the oil as wasnt sure wot last guy was running it on.. (2) the bike has 2400 miles on it,the sprockets look ok but chain a bit dry have lubed it up and tensioned it up as was a bit slack seems better now.when would you suggest i change the chain and sprockets,any sort of mileage??? (3) and when on bumpy roads (which is nearly always as roads crap in britain) the front of the bike is as bouncy as hell, like being on a bloody pogo stick anyone got any settings to stiffen front up, any help would be great as taking girlfriend out on it at weekend,(shes never been on a bike before so want it to be a good experiance for her). cheers guys.:)

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
Hi guys,got a couple of questions hope u can answer,i bought a zx6r 636,2006 model bout 3 weeks ago, only just started to go out on it,as had no gear,got all gear na, and weather permiting.. anyway, (1) are the gearboxs on 636's a bit clunky, mine is, i used to have a yamaha fzr 600 a couple of years ago and im sure box wasnt as clunky as this,ive changed the oil as wasnt sure wot last guy was running it on.. (2) the bike has 2400 miles on it,the sprockets look ok but chain a bit dry have lubed it up and tensioned it up as was a bit slack seems better now.when would you suggest i change the chain and sprockets,any sort of mileage??? (3) and when on bumpy roads (which is nearly always as roads crap in britain) the front of the bike is as bouncy as hell, like being on a bloody pogo stick anyone got any settings to stiffen front up, any help would be great as taking girlfriend out on it at weekend,(shes never been on a bike before so want it to be a good experiance for her). cheers guys.:)
this thread should help with suspension adjustments...though it's a bit overkill.

http://www.ninja6zone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2326

read poach's posts (you cant miss em)

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx matey,will have a play with suspension settings over next few days and see how it goes,

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so iff ive read that correctly sounds like iff i increase the spring pre load adjustment on top of forks (big nut) that should stop front feeling mushy and bouncing all over place over every bump???? obviously increase bit at a time, anyone else have a problem with how soft front end feels,and iff so is this wot they altered??????? :dunno

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
have you played with tyre preasures?? found that helps a bit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts