Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im looking at buying a ninja dont know which one to go for what are your veiws ive test driven both, the 1000 is better on hway but 636 seems better around town please help 95% of my driving is around town driving

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ive been riding for around 2yrs in australia i have a open licence for bikes and have done a advanced riding cource just 3 weeks ago i own a zzr and wont to go to a ninja and im 34 yrs old

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I'd go the 636. No-one on the road needs a 1000 in my opinion. The 636 will handle better in the twisties so unless you wanna go faster in a straight line the 636 is the way to go. I wouldn't think the 1000 would be better on the highway except maybe revving lower (?) as it's riding position is just as aggressive.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
How does it go?

You can put a fast rider on a slow bike and you'll have a fast bike.

You can put a slow rider on a fast bike and you'll have a slow bike.

Its something like that.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
What part of Oz are you from Viper?

Don't forget to change your country in your control panel.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I learned on a 1000 and its wayyy too much for the street, it goes thru tires way too fast and it will wheelie from 1st all the way to 3rd and thats crazy that you cant go full throttle ever cuz that thing picks up too easy. I got my 636 to hit the track and be able to use a good bit of it with out it wheelieing, i mean the 636 comes up in 1st but after that you can use the power. but thats just me and thats y i got a 636

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'd go the 636. No-one on the road needs a 1000 in my opinion. The 636 will handle better in the twisties so unless you wanna go faster in a straight line the 636 is the way to go. I wouldn't think the 1000 would be better on the highway except maybe revving lower (?) as it's riding position is just as aggressive.
+1 million:)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
have got my 636 but has started raining ever since put in car port ,waiting for clearer weather to start riding hat riding on wet roads on a new bike

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I hear ya green viper. Been raining for days now and forecast doesn't look all that good. So much for sunny Queensland. Sadly, the bike is my only mode of transport so I'm getting a wet arse everynight.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I ride the bike every day too - I have a truck as well, but it only moves to haul stuff too big or heavy to fit on the TL (like the MX bikes for example:)). It rains a lot here and I've found waterproof kit to work quite well - I'm almost always totally dry when I get to the office, even after an hour+ in the rain:thumbup

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I hear ya green viper. Been raining for days now and forecast doesn't look all that good. So much for sunny Queensland. Sadly, the bike is my only mode of transport so I'm getting a wet arse everynight.
what happened to ur car quarkz?

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Still have the car but no license to drive it! (Never had one, only my learners)

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Not hard. Just gotta book a driving test, you drive around with the instructor for 20 minutes or so. You can have 8 crosses or something (?). But they pick you up the tiniest of things. I can drive. I just cant park. Reverse or parallel. I haven't really tried though!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Well quarkz, guess u either need to pratice or sell the car no sense paying for something u don't use

1 - 20 of 47 Posts