Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been on b4 about not being able to change gear right in my puma 1000 boots,still same cannot change gear right in them,but can with my cat boots on. so does anyone think a new set of rear sets would cure it????????????? ive seen some tasty sets, but dont want to buy them just cos they look nice. want it to cure this bloody boot problem.tried again this afternoon,ad puma on cannot get into gear right every time, swapped to cat boots ,changes perfect every go. :banghead

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
what's the problem when wearing those boots?

i'd just make make a specific effort every time you try to change gears in them and eventually your muscles should "memorize" what the difference is in wearing those boots vs the others..i'm sure it's possible..just have to make the extra effort at first

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive adjusted the selector,but still a pain in the ass to change. really annoyed as love the boots,have also tried thickening the selector bar,still no joy. gonna have to move selector to its lowest position and try that,never known a boot cause this.i know it sounds daft but it really wont shift up right with them on. have emailed puma themselves to see iff anyone else has this problem, or maybe a refund and get some alpinestars..............:rant

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
are your boots to stiff?? if so just keep wearing them to soften em up??

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No complete opposite,fairly soft,am thinking that could be part of problem,as alpinestars and cat boots quite hard up front.:confused

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Been through to supplier this morning and changed them for a pair of alpinestars smx plus. no probs at all with gear change yippeeee sorted. :done

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
good to hear bod

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep got alpinestars,wanted these originally but none in stock at shop.so got pumas, really loved the look of the pumas, and they were really comfy.sad to see them go,but got the alpines na.. :):):):)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts