Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening,

Got my 600 mile service tomorrow (well its done over 800 but better late then never...) am I right in thinking I just pay for the oil and filter and the labour is free? I am sure thats what the dealer told me when I ordered the bike or I could have made this up as I have a shocking memory...

Please dont let it rain tomorrow!

Cheers!

·
Registered
55 Posts
normally if you buy new the first service is completely free but it depends on the dealer really and how hard you haggled

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was £30 for the oil and filter so not too painful.....

Never thought I could get bored waiting in a bike showroom for a few hours.....I was very wrong.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Screw that, I did my 600 mile service in my driveway with a friend of mine and a 12 pack! I guess it you got it for free it was worth the wait but I have zero patience and I don't really trust anyone I don't know working on my bike....but that's just me!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
:stupid The first service is too easy to let someone else do it, hell I do all my own service but thats just me I like to get down & dirty with my bikes

·
Registered
211 Posts
Mine was totally free or I woulda done it myself. I also get free oil changes, but I prefer doing that myself since I use Amsoil.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I took mine to a guy in Derby. I did have to pay for it as he's only got a workshop (doesn't sell bikes).
The chap really knows his shit though as he used to work for Hawk Kawasaki, but left them to set-up on his own. He also has a dyno a will get the last few horses out of your motor. Well worth a look if you live close enough.:burnout

I'll post his details if anyones interested (can't find his card at the moment:banghead)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I won't let anyone touch my pride and joy.

I do all my own servicing and repairs, did my valve clearances last year. It was a long job to get them spot on but it was worth it, balanced the carbs too.

Feels like a new bike, almost.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thinking of getting the new 2008 zx6rr???

Hi all,

I see a few of you have the 2007 zx6rr. Im thinking very seriously about the 2008 and as they are practically the same i wondered if you all got on fine with it?? I there anything i should know about it or is just as sweet as it looks??

Chris.

·
Registered
157 Posts
hi m8 .....you should only pay for time it takes to do it .... after the first one .plus you can give the bike a service your self.. inbetween the book services.its a pain take the faring off but if you take your time you only have to take the left one off to get at the oil filter.......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts