Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guyz,

I have 580 miles on my bike, thinking about taking it for 600 mile service any day, since it is considered a critical service what is done other than a simple oil change, is it worth paying the dealer "X" amount for it or should I do the oil change myself?

Secondly if any one did take your bike to the dealer what did you guyz end up paying for the first service?

I have one mod on my bike yet, changed the stock Break light with Custom LED integrated. Here is the pic!

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
I can't say 100% sure but I believe all the do is an oil change to remove the break in oil. I did my 600 mile service myself and changed the oil, checked the chain, etc.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
IM(Humble)O, you should. I did simply so that I have a record that the initial service was done by an authorize kawi shop (for resale value, if I ever decide to "upgrade"). That's the ONLY reason, because it was a bit steep ($175) for what amounted to about 1.5 hours of actual labor.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
IM(Humble)O, you should. I did simply so that I have a record that the initial service was done by an authorize kawi shop (for resale value, if I ever decide to "upgrade"). That's the ONLY reason, because it was a bit steep ($175) for what amounted to about 1.5 hours of actual labor.
I didn't think of that, probably a good idea. I'm not really worried about resale because I plan on driving mine until it blows up/gets abducted by aliens. The only way your gonna get my Kawi is to take it from me

Reactions: shortyx5

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I didn't think of that, probably a good idea. I'm not really worried about resale because I plan on driving mine until it blows up/gets abducted by aliens. The only way your gonna get my Kawi is to take it from me
LOL fair enough. Honestly I don't know whether I'll ever want to upgrade either. As to the service itself, they said they were also doing chain and general inspection/tightening things up and making sure everything was in spec. Who knows though?

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
LOL fair enough. Honestly I don't know whether I'll ever want to upgrade either. As to the service itself, they said they were also doing chain and general inspection/tightening things up and making sure everything was in spec. Who knows though?
I had to replace my left side and front plastics before my first service so I was sure everything was tight lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts