1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
lol definitely funny, but it's still a stupid idea

·
Registered
226 Posts
The bike naturally wants to go straight. Looks like the kid has done it before. Didn't your dad ever let you steer the truck when you guys were kids? Then again my parents had me on the back of s dirt bike when I was 3

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
The bike naturally wants to go straight. Looks like the kid has done it before. Didn't your dad ever let you steer the truck when you guys were kids? Then again my parents had me on the back of s dirt bike when I was 3
Idk if you're getting it but this is completely different from your dad letting you steer the car when you're young. This dude has his 6 year old son on a motorcycle in no gear except for a helmet and baseball batting gloves that typically wear through from gripping a bat enough, forget sliding over pavement. God forbid they ever go down and that kid has to deal with road rash at 6 years old. What an idiot dad

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Hate to hear a little kid scream having road rash. It makes men cry. Don't care how straight the road is. I don't have kids but would never do that. Used to ride on the tank of a dirt bike holding on to the crossbar at probably 2 or 3 years old. Never on the road though, even with a family and friends of drunken harley riders.

·
Administrator
8,182 Posts
So... much... awesome in that last video. My little chick heart was all *gush gush* at how absolutely adorable that is. Kids man. There is something about how enamored they get with motorcycles that just makes me feel like there's a little hope left in the world.

Of course, I also get a good giggle at the cool points that my god-son earns from his friends every time I roll up to an event and they are all enamored with the fact that he has a friend who rides a motorcycle. I know that wasn't the point of the post though, it just made me smile.

That said:

The Harley guy is stupid for not gearing up his kid. I mean, sorry guys even *I* rode with my dad when I was a kid, back when our family car was a Yamaha enduro, but I always had some sort of protective gear on. Murphy's law... There was a guy here recently who went down with his son on the back of his bike. They were on a harley and hit a semi truck after it made a turn in front of them. The kid walked away unscathed after sliding under the trailer and the dad wound up in a coma. They say the kid was the only one wearing sufficient gear. You just never know... and that's not a gamble I would take if I ever had kids.

Hell, it's hard enough for me to consider putting my god-son on the back of my bike when he asks about it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts