Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Got my first quick ride in yesterday and definitely need some risers & Clip-ons for this bike as I'm 5;10" and found the riding position way too cramped for my old body. Have ordered some rearsets which will help the hips. Will turn her into a track only bike over the coming weeks and need risers. The front end looks pretty cramped, so not too much room with the stock bodywork until I can break the bike in and swap out for Armour Bodies.

Anybody else stick risers & Clip-ons on this bike for the road or track and what did you choose?

Many thanks for any advice and help.
Motorcycle Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting

· Registered
322 Posts
I went with the Helibars 1.5 risers and they are working great for me. The Helibars are fixed and not adjustable and I choose them because they offered the least amount of change from OEM. The only issue with Helibars is the OEM end caps don't play nice with the Helibars so new end caps or rethread is needed.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
following. I’m getting that same ‘cramped’ feeling. Do you also feel your knees/legs are not sitting in the proper grooves of the tank? Also which rearsets are you looking to get?
I ordered the Lightech Version R Rearsets Reverse Shift Kawasaki ZX-6R 05-22 from Sportbiketrackgear.com.
Font Bicycle part Auto part Wing Rim

· Super Moderator
17,036 Posts
I went with Woodcraft, and got a break from Eric for helping him sort out what would work on the '09-'12. My bars are now higher, wider, flatter and further back than OEM. As I already had individual aftermarket brake lines on the front, I did not have to change anything out for what I did. I did have to make a different bracket to hold the front MC reservoir, as it hit the fairing at full lock left. Will post pics later, if you search the forum I had a specific thread about this.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went with Woodcraft, and got a break from Eric for helping him sort out what would work on the '09-'12. My bars are now higher, wider, flatter and further back than OEM. As I already had individual aftermarket brake lines on the front, I did not have to change anything out for what I did. I did have to make a different bracket to hold the front MC reservoir, as it hit the fairing at full lock left. Will post pics later, if you search the forum I had a specific thread about this.
Many thanks for the info. I think I am looking at getting something that will just work for the street while I put some miles on the bike to get used to her including hitting the twisties when the weather warms up a bit. Then I will think about changes when I fit the Armour Bodies. Looking at a decent Triple Tree since every bike I have had quality Triple Trees installed has been vastly better in front end control and stability. Reckon I will need new longer SS brake lines when going to 2" risers, etc..

· Super Moderator
17,036 Posts
I don't ride track, but the bars I have are adjustable for angle, sweep, and rise (if you were to lower them down the tubes). Right now they max out at about 1.5 inches higher than OEM.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't ride track, but the bars I have are adjustable for angle, sweep, and rise (if you were to lower them down the tubes). Right now they max out at about 1.5 inches higher than OEM.
What manufacturer bars do you use? I think I can use the Woodcraft 35mm clip-ons, but if I know someone is using 1.5" aftermarket items that will work with the newer bikes, then that's a better option.
Cheers!

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

· Registered
2004-20-23 636
387 Posts
Actually just flipping them from left to right gives you a decent stance. It’s perfect for some people. I run the impact tach clip ons personally. That’s gonna give you the most adjustability. Way more than you prob want or need for racing tho.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts