Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

· Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Bagnaia again. 3 wins in a row. Only matched by Stoner? That’s crazy. Even with Marquez dominating he never won 3 in a row? Rossi either?
The three in a row was only referring to Ducati (no one has won 3 in a row besides Stoner). Marquez won 4 in a row his rookie year but then won 10 in a row to start the season in 2014. Jorge also won 4 in a row in 2015.

· Registered
797 Posts
Bagnaia again. 3 wins in a row. Only matched by Stoner? That’s crazy. Even with Marquez dominating he never won 3 in a row? Rossi either?
That was only a record for Ducati, not all manufacturers. I'm sure Marquez won 3 in a row many times since Stoner did it. He won something like 10 straight in 2014? 2016?

Quartararo is putting together a championship quality season with rides like this one, managing to minimize the bleeding in places where he never should have been in it at all.

Mark

· Registered
10,277 Posts
I was gonna say, that’s really weird cause Marquez dominated for 3-4 seasons.

Well good for Bagnaia regardless. Lots of competition up front, but as usual, putting it together for a whole race is the challenge. Bikes and riders are pretty evenly matched for now. Mir, Zarco, Martin, Miller..all having their moments...great season in my book. Although he’s starting to slide a touch, Aleix is still pretty fucking consistent. Quatararo is a fucking beast.

· Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I dunno about you guys, but I can barely stand to watch MotoGP these days. I just watch listlessly or scroll through. I don't know if it's because I'm more of an MM fan and less of a MotoGP fan, but ever since COVID started, I'm WAY more into F1 than MotoGP (and I only got into F1 when we were all quarantined at the beginning of COVID). I watched MotoGP for 10 years before that. It's just not exciting at all. The last exciting race I remember was Binder in Red Bull ring trying to finish the race on slicks after it started raining.

TL;DR: MotoGP hasn't been fun to watch since there are no aliens racing (JLo, MM, Rossi from the early 2010's, etc.).

These threads used to be a lot more active here as well...does that mean ya'll are also bored of MotoGP?

· Registered
10,277 Posts
F1 is good. WEC, ALMS/IMSA and ELMS are better. Shits about to get crazy in 2023. First time Ferrari running a factory car at LeMans in 50 years. BMW and Porsche back at it. Peugeot already started with the 9x8’s at 6 hours of Monza. Lambo. Cadillac. Etc.

Basically, American Le Mans and Euro Le Mans are gonna homologate rules and specs so they can race prototypes together. Daytona Cadillac and Acura prototypes at Le Mans 24 in 2023. So badass. GT rules changing for more manufacturers. I’m watching 2022 Le Mans 24 right now. About 30 minutes a day. 27 cars on lead lap in LMP2 and it’s 5am. So close that when a car pits, it drops 10 places. Bumper to number for hours.

look up LMH vs LMDh

· Registered
10,277 Posts
What a fuckin race. Can’t believe Bagnaia and Bastianini both on same team next year. Vinales looked phenomenal. I really think he could contend next year if they can tweak grip a little. He’s having a way better time than with Shitzuki

Miller crash sucked

· Registered
797 Posts
The track looked like it must have been sketchy with so many crashes across all the classes.

A pretty crushing display of dominance on the part of Bagnaia and Ducati. Bastianini is going to be a force once he settles in to the factory team and has the latest spec bike. Quartararo looked like he struggled the whole race and he was supposed to have the best race pace of all of them. He better hope he sorts qualifying for the rest of the year or he is toast with a string of Ducati friendly tracks coming up.

Maverick took his time getting on with the Aprilia but is now showing he is the stronger rider in the team. If he can keep getting decent starts and stay up front in the early laps he is going to start winning races.

Mark

· Registered
10,277 Posts
The track looked like it must have been sketchy with so many crashes across all the classes.

A pretty crushing display of dominance on the part of Bagnaia and Ducati. Bastianini is going to be a force once he settles in to the factory team and has the latest spec bike. Quartararo looked like he struggled the whole race and he was supposed to have the best race pace of all of them. He better hope he sorts qualifying for the rest of the year or he is toast with a string of Ducati friendly tracks coming up.

Maverick took his time getting on with the Aprilia but is now showing he is the stronger rider in the team. If he can keep getting decent starts and stay up front in the early laps he is going to start winning races.

Mark
Yes on Vinales. I love Aleix Esp, but he’s just not an elite rider.

· Registered
9,625 Posts
Atleast the top 5 group all was interesting, the rest of the back a mile back and more..........snooze fest
I was ecstatic to see Twatarraro finish out of the points with no help from anyone else, I really hope he does not end up being the season champ- he is not worthy!

· Registered
797 Posts
Finally an exciting race.
It was a great race, with lots of action. It's such an epic track, it's too bad the weather is consistently crap. It looks like Quartararo has finally run out of gas compensating for the worst bike on the grid and Ducati is going to manage to beat riding with engineering.

Moto2 was a snoozer, unless you wanted to see Lopez crush everyone else. Lots of mid to late race crashing there for whatever reason.

Moto3 was also an excellent race, with last lap battles everywhere. A smaller group up front than usual but still awesome. Props to Gueverra for his first title and taking it in style with the race win.

Mark

61 - 74 of 74 Posts