Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Kawasaki insiders or Dealer employees have any idea when this is shipping? Have mine on pre-order at my local dealer...

·
Registered
14,016 Posts
Any Kawasaki insiders or Dealer employees have any idea when this is shipping? Have mine on pre-order at my local dealer...
I'm also curious as to any changes between this model and what has come before, over the ~35 years of production? Why now?

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Honestly the biggest noticeable change is the change to Fuel Injection and with that came a change from a petcock to a fuel pump so there is about .2 gallons in the same tank more useable?!? (so they claim)

The rest are like putting lipstick on a pig, a good pig but still a pig.........

personally I have always thought these are too heavy and big for serious trail or offroad riding and not much use on the streets, so have never warmed up to them for any purpose........ but the few dozen that have passed through the shop over the years have always been fun for the 5 minute test ride, but that is about all the longer I would really enjoy one for any use........ obviously many others like them far more, I have seen some of them with 30,000+ miles and a few over 50,000 miles....... but the vast majority through my doors are sub 10,000 miles

·
Registered
14,016 Posts
^^I always liked that the USMC converted some to run on JP5....

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
^^I always liked that the USMC converted some to run on JP5....
How many billions of US taxpayer funds did they steal to pay for that? and ..... was it actually useful and needed?

·
Registered
14,016 Posts
It was actually developed by a private party, and adopted by force recon. Scouting for bad guys is faster with motorized transportation.

It's a lot easier for the supply chain to manage a single kind of fuel, particularly when the fuel is less dangerous to handle. Everything operated on a Navy ship, runs on JP-5. Aviation grade kerosene. Gasoline is too dangerous.

The JP5 KLR got around 70MPG as I recall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts