Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
i heard back today Kawasaki said they're not going to accept it because they found a little piece of foil at the bottom of the oil pickup maybe about the size of a dime they said that's the cause of it dropping the valve into the piston but if anybody knows can I stick on 1,000 engine on it
If it were me, I would just purchase a stock 19-22 ZX6R engine, and then swap it in. Only if Kawasaki is firm on their response of course. Or have someone rebuild your engine if it can indeed be salvaged. Why would you ever want to put a liter bike engine in a 600? If you want more power, do it the correct way. However, it can be expensive modifying a ZX6R, with fairly small HP gains to go with it. However, small gains on a 636 are actually big gains in the feel of the seat. In all honesty, I would start with setting your bike up correctly though, no offense here but, where the heck is your front fender at? Also, what slip-on exhaust is that? It looks like you retro fit that on the bike, from a different bike. That’s an expensive and pretty darn newish bike to be cutting corners on like this.

I really and truly mean no offense, the thing is…thats like a 2021 (636) Pretty much a brand new bike..

My point here is that. Proper modification goes a long ways with motorcycles.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
it's a yokoshima exhaust and The 1000cc is just because I was thinking about being a sleeper but I understand but of what it looks like you think I have a good chance I'm fighting them in court to pay bc I'm thinking about putting the new motor in it but from the looks of it a few other people told me that I have a good chance of fighting them in court but if I put the motor in myself thin take them to Court because the dealership wanted to charge me $17,000 to replace everything so if I do the work myself before the court they got to reimburse me the cost of $17,000 cuz that's what they're going to charge me to do it so that's what I paid and labor I took care of to fix my bike that they didn't so if I went in court they just reimburse me the 17,000 and I can put that in my pocket and pay the bike off

·
Registered
134 Posts
$17,000 dollars?!!! Where in the world would they even come up with this figure? Lol. 😂😂😂😂 Kawasaki can Fabricate, build, and sale the entire motorcycle brand new for far less.

As for fighting them, I would let the experts chime in on this. If your not fighting them, they sale mint (19-22) ZX6R engines with like 2K miles or less on eBay. If you go that route, check the pictures for damage and buy the cleanest lowest mileage engine you can find.

That’s one thing about extended warranties. Everyone has to fight these things all the time it feels like.

This motor has less than 1K miles.

Here is another engine for $2500 with 7K miles.

One thing about bike engines is, mileage doesn’t generally mean but so much on these motors. Plenty of Kawasaki engine on eBay with 20,000-40,000+ miles and they are blowing 200-220 (PSI cylinder compression) across the board and they’re just as strong as a brand new engine. So, what I’m saying is if you can save money. Then save money by buying one with slightly more mileage. Don’t over think it.

I hope you get your bike fixed.

·
Registered
208 Posts
A valve does not fall due to lack of oil, other things happen before.
That said, from what you see in the photos, neither the bearing nor the camshaft seat indicate a lack of oil.
The metal oil bottle seal that some asshole dropped into the crankcase doesn't seem to be related to what happened to the engine, but it came as a perfect excuse for them to decline warranty coverage.

·
Registered
15,968 Posts
It would be great if you were close enough to RiversZZR for him to assess the damage to that engine directly. If anyone could tell you what the cost to rebuild that engine would be; I’d take his word on it over anyone else’s.

Two advantages: you know it would be better than new, and you would have his expert diagnosis for any legal action you contemplate.

·
Registered
134 Posts
A valve does not fall due to lack of oil, other things happen before.
That said, from what you see in the photos, neither the bearing nor the camshaft seat indicate a lack of oil.
The metal oil bottle seal that some asshole dropped into the crankcase doesn't seem to be related to what happened to the engine, but it came as a perfect excuse for them to decline warranty coverage.
Any idea what may have genuinely caused this damage? My brothers car engine just suffered from the exact same fate. His DOHC Honda engine looks exactly like the one above.

Did something break off a spark plug? Foreign object? Stretched timing chain? I have no idea personally.

Thanks.

·
Registered
134 Posts
It would be great if you were close enough to RiversZZR for him to assess the damage to that engine directly. If anyone could tell you what the cost to rebuild that engine would be; I’d take his word on it over anyone else’s.

Two advantages: you know it would be better than new, and you would have his expert diagnosis for any legal action you contemplate.
Does Riverszzr build engines?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts